Steven | 03

you were going on a walk with Garnet, looking to buy lunch for you. Your mom was home with your dad at the moment, they said that they have something to talk about so they just let you go off with the fusion.

"Garnet! do you want to eat fry bits with me?!" the young child exclaimed to the gem, Garnet was completely confused on what is a fry bits but still let it roll. "Sure, (y/n). Though what is a.. 'fry bits'?" the little girl dramatically gasps at that question, she then put her hand on top of her forehead in a dramatic matter as if she was going to pass out. "How.. dare you, Garnet! i thought you were a gem of culture.." the said gem could only chuckle at the little girl, and then proceed to carry her like a sack of potato on her shoulder. "Alright now, don't be too dramatic"

once they arrived at 'Beach Citywalk Fries' the two found Mr. Fryman at the pick up counter. "Hey there little (y/n), are you here to pick up your fry bits? here." Mr. Fryman exchanged smiles with the young girl, the child was smiling with big toothy smile towards the male. "Thank you so much, Mr. Fryman!!" the child said before eating the fry bits and walked off towards her house.

that is until you heard the sounds of a baby from outside the house, you immediately ran into the house and found your dad and your.. baby brother? Steven?! you sped towards your dad, he looks happy but also sad at the same time. He was crying and looked sadly at the bed that mom has slept to moments prior before he looks down at the child he was holding in his arms. "What am i going to do without you Rose..? now i have two kids on my hands."

you looked at your dad and starts to tug on his pants, wanting to see your baby brother for the first time. "Dad! can i see him?" you asked with a soft voice as to not startle your newborn brother, that took Greg by suprise to see his older child has already arrived to the house. Greg smiled at the younger child under him and starts kneeling down before finally sat there while crisscross his legs.

"ofcourse sweetheart.. come, this is your brother. Steven." Greg said while he starts to let you see your new baby brother, he has a curly dark brown hair with a cute little nose. You love him, he's your everything, your world, your future. "can i.. hold him?" you asked with a certain nervousness laced on your voice, Greg happily allows you holding your brother for the first time. And there you are holding him in your arms, Steven's crying calmed down and once he sees you for the first time; he laughed and giggles at the sight of his big sister. A swell of love and adoration crept on your heart, you swore on your life that you'll protect him at all costs.

you started talking to him only to receive a blabbering answer from Steven, that put you to a laughing state. Greg, saw the two of his suns in his life bonding and laughing together put an ease to his mind, knowing that they both will always has eachother's back.

you were still holding him and making him play with one of your other finger, well that is until you felt the door of your house was being slmmed opened; revealing an ecstatic Amethyst, a crying Garnet, and a sweating Pearl. They all immediately came after Garnet told them that Rose has given birth to your little brother.

little Steven was shocked and scared the moment he heard the big slam sound, he starts to cry and hold your finger more tight. That make everyone in the room look at him with worried eyes, you look at him with worry and sad when you saw him cry. You try to calm him down by kissing his forehead and tell him that everything is going to be okay. "Shhh... it's okay, big sis is here.." is what you said after you kissed his forehead. That seems to work because he starts to drift off to sleep, making all of the people inside the house relieved that the baby has stopped crying.

Greg was astonished on how fast you could calm Steven down, it took him a few minutes before he could finally calm him down. Meanwhile you? you could calm Steven down with just by him looking at you. But alas The gems took a seat beside you and starts inspecting the baby on your arms, before they finally noticed the gem on his belly.

"wait, that's Rose's gem..!" Garnet said, she has sweats dropping from her face. Pearl looked at the boy in your hands with shocked and sad eyes, realizing that your mother is no longer in this world; giving her physical appearance up for your baby brother. It was a though decision for the gems but not for Rose, she priorities her son first rather than her own self. She loved Steven with all of her heart, so she wanted him to live with his friends, his father, and his big sister.

while everyone was looking at the sleeping baby, Greg starts to feel water pool from his eyes. He doesn't know what to do now since Rose is gone, he doesn't have anyone other than you; with that being was only four years old. But the look of adoration on your eyes.. he will make sure that nothing bad will ever happen to you and Steven.

"Dad... he's so beautiful, he's so perfect. Just like mom" the four year old said and looking up to see her father's crying eyes. The girl was startled by her own father crying and watching the two siblings interact. "D-dad?! why are you crying? it's okay.. im here." you smiled at him with the most bright aura you could give, even the gems was taken a back by the sudden feeling on their chest.

"Thank you kiddo... i suppose we could raise your baby brother together." Greg had said while wiping away his tears and then ruffling your hair, he smiles back at the little girl who was still holding her little brother.

the child then look again at the baby on her hands. "And you, i will protect you with all of my strength! i will love you with all of me, i will love you for eternity, i will love you unconditionally." she smiled before she felt that her baby brother started to cuddle more onto her touch which make her laughs softly. The gems and Greg look at eachother before giving their own smiles towards the two siblings, feeling happy for Steven and his big sister.