training 2 | 10

Steven found himself going home, its been a few days since (y/n)'s sudden disappearance. He still couldn't find the entrance to that cave, he's walking down the side walks towards the car wash, his home.

he pushes the door open, Greg has already waiting for him inside the building. He looks over Steven who was having his head low, still no signs of his daughter.

"hey.. schtu-ball. We could take a break if you want, you know this isn't your fault right?" Greg put his hand on Steven's hair, trying to comfort him. Steven looks at his dad with tears and his nose having liquids from crying.

"dad.. i think its my fault- i don't- i-" he tried to choke out the words but it seems like his own body has betrayed him, he doesn't know what to do. It's been two days since you've left, and the only place he could think off is that cave. And yet he forgot where the entrance was.

he blames himself for all that was happening, he couldn't help you and what you've said nights ago was not making it better. 'Wait, she said that she'll protect me at all costs.. does that mean she take extra time to train?!' he thought, maybe he could find you inside the forest. Maybe he'll find you training there.

"dad! i think i know where she went." Steven put his hands together infront of his father. "really? well let's go then."

this isn't what Greg expected. Now the both of them are in the middle of the forest, it was midnight. Steven walking on front to see where you could've been, while Greg was following up behind him.

"S-Steven..! slowh dohwn... hah-" Greg pants, he couldn't keep up with Steven's determination to find you. Steven looks behind him and found Greg was already lying on the ground with the bags was also on the ground.

"heh- sorry dad.. let's camp here for tonight." he suggested, Greg seems okay with it and there they was camping on that place for a while.

while Greg was preparing for the tent, Steven find himself wandering into the woods to make a fireplace. That is until he heard sounds of punchings. He took a closer look to where the sound came from and saw you.

he was shocked to see you all covered up in sweat. He took a closer look to your figure and it seems like there's some.. wounds on your left hand. He immediately jolted right where you were and wrapped you in a tight hug.

you were startled, almost smacked him down but you realized that the figure was so.. small. You looked behind you and found Steven crying.

"Steven?! what- what are you doing here?! its.. midnight..?" you look at the sky and found out it was already midnight. Realizations kicks in, you've been out for a few hours.

"where have you been?! its been two days since you've disappeared!" Steven was still hugging your leg, afraid if he lets you go you'll disappear again.

"two days?! i thought i've been here for a few hours after i left that cave!" you were flabbergasted. Has it truly been two days since you've left beach city and went to the forest? how come you didn't feel hungry if its already that long.

"so i was right, you've been there!!" Steven laughs while his tiny arms was still secured to your legs. You only chuckled and picked him up from the ground.

"oh Steven.. im sorry, i am so so sorry! i feel like i need to train more but i couldn't possibly ask to train more with Pearl, so i trained with myself and these.. trees." You look around, and realized that you've cut down almost all the tree around you.

"oh uh heh.. yeah.. but anyway, i think i haven't eaten anything since two days ago.." Steven's eyes almost go out from his head once he heard this statement. He immediately jumped down from you grasp and took your wrist and lead the way to the tent him and dad has built.

Greg was pacing around, he was worried on where on hell does Steven went. That is until he heard someone was calling him. "Dad!" Greg looked around to see his son. "Steven! goodness where have you been?!" he felt like there's also another presence and looks up to see his thirteen years old daughter.

"(y/n)..! where have you been?! you've been gone for two days!!" Greg put Steven down and ran towards you, getting you inside a bone crashing hug. You hugged him back, you knew he was worried sick about you.

"dad.. i've been training here, i've figured that i've been gone for two days. I just got too caught up in the training i guess.." Greg was shocked, until he remembers that you probably hasn't eaten anything since you're so focused on the training.

"here, since i know you probably forgot to take care of yourself. I've brought us sandwiches for us to eat, luckily i bought three because i knew someone would've been greedy.." Steven immediately looked away while you and Greg laughs at his reaction.

you enjoy little moments like this, the three of you out in the woods and go camping.

'If only mom was here.. it would've been perfect. Maybe a few scolding from being out for two days, but its still worth it.' you had a frown on your face as you thought what would've happen if Rose was here.

Steven who was laughing with Greg, noticed your frown and instantly hugged your sitting figure.

he tried to give you his best reassuring smile, and your lips tug upward a little at his little gesture. Sighing, you ruffled his hair.

"you're so empathetic. That's one thing i like about you, little star." Steven looks at you with stars in his eyes before grinning widely. You could only chuckled at him.

Greg could only watch as his two children interact, he still remember those times where both of the siblings was only babies. Look at how far they've become now. Time sure fly fast.