training | 08

fast foward, a few years later.

you had gotten a lot older now, along with Steven. After his tenth birthday, which was supposed to be in a few months—he could finally move in with the Crystal Gems and his sister.

for the past few years nothing has really changed, you and Steven would occasionally play with eachother but not on his house. Though whenever you went to train, he would always begged for you to let him come. Which was obviously opposed by Pearl since it is said to be too dangerous for him to come. Steven would usually cry and get dragged back to your old home.

but now, he's a lot older. But why hasn't Pearl still won't let him come? he's nine—turning to ten in a few months.

"Pearl..! you said you would let me come to see (name) training with you when i turned ten!" Steven pouts while he crossed his hands, you found it quite amusing as you put your needed belongings inside the training bag.

"Steven, its not your birthday yet. You haven't gotten to be ten years old." Pearl says calmly. "but!! im turning ten this year!" Steven persisted. "you're still nine and a half year to put it that way."

Steven scoffed while still pouting and putting that crossed arms. You went to him and chuckled before planting down a kiss on his forehead, he stops pouting and finally look at you with a really sad face. It honestly made you feel guilty but you don't have any other choice.

"little star, please wait a little more until your tenth birthday okay? it wouldn't be too long, and then you can come!" smiling down at him and booped his nose, he lets out a giggle before smiling widely at you.

you took a few steps back before getting up at the warp pad, you waved at him which he obviously returned the gesture. When you teleports away, his huge smile found itself fading, turning into a frown. He let out a sigh before plopping himself down the couch, he looks up at the ceiling—thinking on what would it be like in the future. Would he be happy? would him and you be together for all of eternity? he puts you first even before himself. You can't really blame him, his mother is absent from the moment he was born and the only motherly figure thats the closest to him is you; his big sister.

Steven's hand found its way to hold the gems under his shirt. 'if mom was here would she be happy to have me? what if i only ruined (name)'s life by existing? mom's death is because of me after all...' he thought.

he can't seem to handle these thoughts going inside his head, so he decided that he should go to sleep, hoping to make the thoughts disappear when he wake up.

—🌹—

finally getting out the warp pad, you immediately walked towards the nearest chair(?) and put your stuff there, Pearl was configuring the holo Pearl who was supposed to be your enemy in training.

your hand was hurt from many scars and callouses from the training for the past years, but it was worth it as long as you can protect Steven. You put on the bandages around your hands and tied your hair(if you have short hair just let it be).

"(name), are you ready?" Pearl asked as she gets closer towards where you stood. You look back at her and nodded your head. "im ready."

you took your sword and put your stances, lowering your head so that you could see more properly what was going on infront of you. Holo pearl begin to strike, which you took a defensive act. The two clashes their swords against eachother, though you get back everytime Holo Pearl clashes her with yours. You eventually stumbled back and Holo Pearl stops attacking you, you scoffed at yourself and looks down in shame before you see a figure infront of you.

looking up, you found Pearl frowning at you before letting out a sigh and smiled. She held down a hand at you and took it, you hold your hands infront of you; shame still filling you from the defeat of the battle.