ten years ago

JOSIE

JOSIE

TEN YEARS AGO

JOSIE STARED AT CONRAD IN UTTER DISBELIEF. "I TOLD YOU TO KEEP HIM IN ONE PLACE, NOT TIE HIM TO A CHAIR!" Conrad's face scrunched up in disagreement as he looked at Josie, and then Jeremiah, who was practically squirming in his chair with his blanket tying him back.

"Let me go, you two!" Belly stared at Jeremiah, wide-eyed while Steven burst out laughing. "And don't laugh!" He scowled at Steven.

Conrad shrugged. "You told me to keep him in one place, so I did. It was just less of a risk,"

Josie rolled her eyes. "He'll be less willing to even listen to us if we restrict him from moving!" She sighed. "I'm untying him."

Conrad reached out to stop Josie from doing anything, but he was too late. With a swift motion, Josie untied Jeremiah, who wore a face full of relief.

Conrad glared at her. "Come on, why'd you let him out? Now he's gonna want to leave!"

It was funny how the whole situation started if she was being honest. It has begun with Jeremiah trying to direct a play for the adults at the summer house. The whole thing sounded like a fun and interesting thing to do. However, the kids weren't aware of how much of a nightmare it'd be with Jeremiah as director and scriptwriter.

He was a pest, to say it lightly. Josie couldn't understand how it was possible to overanalyze each line and took way too much creative control from everyone else. It felt rather out of character for someone like Jeremiah. He even called himself the next Quentin Tarantino! But then again, you learn something new every day, don't you?

The play had a simple concept at first. Josie played the Sheriff while Conrad played Tom, her sidekick who were both trying to find gold that had been rumored to have disappeared centuries ago to preserve it in the twin museum, while the villain, Mr. Twizzler (they were Jeremiah's favorite candies) and his sidekick, Vicky were also selfishly trying to steal the gold for themselves.

After a heated debate about Jeremiah's overall directing, it was Josie's idea to go get Jeremiah into a room and have them all talk to him and discuss with him how they were feeling about them not being able to help out all.

Jeremiah attempted to leave the room, just before Belly and Steven blocked the door, locking it. "Seriously, guys?"

"Don't move," Conrad began, while Jeremiah eyed him suspiciously, backing further away from the door.

"For what?" He asked, sounding annoyed.

Josie stepped forward. "We just wanted to talk to you about how you've been acting lately. You haven't been the nicest."