The family

The relentless rain pummeled His shoulders and splashed around His feet. This would be no passing storm, but it wouldn't stop him. If He squinted past the brim of His hat, He made out the damp cougar at the edge of the beginning of the Woods. The Fence was built by crisscrossing halved ruff Logs it was getting dark and He put His head down to shield His face. He headed for the House, one of the Shela Cows jumped the Fence She headed straight for the woods. The Cowboy reached the wooden porch took one last look then walked inside and shut the Door. The Cow reached the woods. After looking at the man knowing He was present, the Cougar didn't bother Her. She had a Baby deep in the Woods and knew that She was safe from the Cougar, however, she noticed the Baby Cow and went back into the woods to cut off the Baby Cow. She knew the odds were to eat or be eaten. So She headed toward the Baby Cow knowing Her Baby needed it. She never knew when the next meal was, so, She went to seize the Cow. Rett stepped inside the farmhouse that looked more like a Cabin on the outside, He kissed River His beautiful Wife. 

"Rett," River griped "You're soaked." She said as She grabbed His dripping Hat He reached for  Her despite how cold and wet He was and started sweeping Her into His arms and hip to hip they danced like it was their dance on their wedding day. Soft and slow River said softly slapping His chest "Rett stop the food will get cold." Rett replied, "But momma you know it doesn't matter how the food goes down as long as it gets there."

Then Cecilia a little Girl and Andre a little Boy rushed through the Door Cecilia, holding a Toy Plane Andre said "Mom Mom Cecilia stole my Plane!" Cecilia ran in the middle of Mom and Dad giggling. River spoke to Cecilia saying "Now why have you done that you know that plane is Andre's Favorite Toy." "Oh alright, momma," Cecilia said, handing the Toy Plane back to Andre. River Then said, "Now Children wash up for dinner!" Both Children complained "Aww Mom," River said "Hey no if's and's or but's" River replied, "You too the Father of our Children." He replied "But, ah-ah-" 

"What did I say?" retorted River. Lead by your actions dear "Yes darling" Rett replied to His Wife. A sharp knock on the door came within earshot of River She said who is that? Start eating children I'll be right back." She looked through the window and saw a lady with red hair and said, "Ahh it's my best friend Angela coming to babysit." River opened the door They both squealed with delight as River welcomed Her best and only friend into the house. "Hey, River Angela said How's the family?"," Well, we are dandy and how are you, Miss Angela?" "Well, I'm great on my way here I ran into a young man He had a letter in His hand He wanted to deliver to you. He said his name was James and He also handed Me the Letter, mentioned something about a broken heart, and then ran off like the wind. Did something happen between the two of you?" "Well, I would hope not We keep wanting to go out for Coffee but every time It almost happens it always falls apart."

"What about Rett? Does He know about this?" They began to whisper back and forth. "No, and I'd rather keep it that way Rett has always been the passionately loving type and that is the part that made me fall for Him. All I have in mind to do is be good friends with James. But it's darn near impossible because there are the kids then me looking for a job plus wondering how to take on the new job. It's all very sigh... nerve-wracking. "Well, if you want I can keep hold of the Letter and since the Kids are out of School I can pick you up and we can do...  something about it," said Angela." "Angela, you would do that for me?" Questioned River, Angela came back with a quick laugh and said "River why do you even bother I'll always be here for you because we're better Than Friends we're Kin. And don't you forget it now let's get you out the door with Rett and on the road," Their voices returned to normal! They walked into the Kitchen and the Kids and Rett sat at the Table deep in conversation. "Rett!" River said, "You haven't touched a single morsel of food right?" Rett reacted by standing to His feet grinning slightly "I might have had a small bite." River said, 

"Rett you know full well that that was made for the Kids and Angela." Rett said, "Ya well, maybe Rett doesn't like that You made His favorite Dish and that you used to make it all the time and maybe He gets a little miffed that you never make it anymore as you used to." River said, "Rett why are You doing this? And quit talking like that You know how much that creeps me out." Rett replied, "I am sorry I don't mean to ruin Our time out Angela Kids I apologize that Mom's Food is so good but I was out of line." "River told Rett, "Your birthday is this May honey I'll make you anything you want." Then she noticed and said, "Rett why haven't you changed your clothes?" Rett said "Why? what's wrong with Them?" River sighed as she face-palmed because of Him and said waving a hand exasperatedly at Him, "Take a look at Yourself." He looked at Himself in the wall mirror, and there were still a few wet spots along His shirt. Rett said "So I'm a little wet still it'll dry" He said this as He wiped at His Shirt hoping it would dry faster with this action. With a tense strained voice, She said "Honey get back into the bedroom and get a change of clothes I may suck at mending but one thing I can do is make sure you dress well and accordingly." "Well, I guess... okay I'll change" River thanked Him, and as soon as He left for the bedroom the kids were eating and not paying attention. Angela looked right at River and River mouthed the words "Give me the letter." So quickly and a little clumsily Angela planted the Letter right into River's hands and placed it like She was ready to intercept the pass playing a little flag football and took it straight to the goal an empty cookie jar. Then Angela approached River and quietly asked Her "Won't He find it? I also thought you were cool in letting me take it!" 

River replied, "Ya Angela but now that I've thought it out I don't know if I can handle the fact that James's Letter Won't be available for me to read as far as Rett finding it, that jar has been empty for years unfortunately I haven't baked cookies for years. And even though I haven't He understands the great depression that I went through all those years ago you remember." "Oh how could I forget even though you were going through the motions it was like you had gone somewhere else completely replied Angela." Rett walked in just as the girls quit talking the kids rushed by Rett to go to the living room. But before Cecilia could get to the living room She turned around and said "Andre and I are going to eat the popsicle stand." Then Rett said, "Oh yeah what if I blow up the popsicle stand so you can't have any more huh?" He chased after Cecilia as she ran She squealed with delight. She loved it when Her father chased Her because She knew Her father would always come for Her as He always told Her that stampeding horses couldn't keep Him away. There's nothing quite like the love of a father un-endless and no one can take that away.