The Ranger

The Park Ranger leaned in a crouched position over the dead Dear wondering how someone could do this. Shoot a Deer on this protected land. Boom Lezzly slowly pivoted turning to look behind Herself standing at the edge of the road near Her truck saying it's not hunting season yet. So Lezzly's feet crunched along the gravel road around Her truck She climbed in the driver's seat and grabbed her clipboard. She marked down the time and date she found it for further inspection. Lezzly said gotcha while reaching for Her cell you can overhear the phone as it starts to ring. Lezzly tilts Her head towards the open window fliting Her eyes up to the sky wondering if it might rain they needed it the weather had been harsh this summer, and some of the ground told the story. Dry here and there the tale end of summer but not quite fall. Finally, after several rings and a moment of silence, a man's voice came out of the receiver. Hello, Smokey the Bear here Lezzly said knock it off Rolf you look nothing like a bear no I was aiming for Elvis but I shouldn't because I know how you despise teddy bears Rolf said not true I love teddy bears.                                                                                                                                             Anyway, I found a dead Deer out here on the north side of the mountain. Rolf said what? It's not even hunting season yet. Lezzly chuckled haha ya that's just what I said strange right? Rolf said did you mark it down. Lezzly replied yes I'll bring in the info I have to pull the Deer off to the side, and a concerned look came over Her face I also heard a gun go off it sounded close. Rolf said Man someone got an itchy trigger finger Lezzly said well got to go but I'll catch up to you later Rolf said ok we'll wait for you and keep preventing forest fires Lezzly responded with hmmm... whatever you say. Then, she hung up She crawled out of the truck and did a little stretching getting ready to pull the Female Deer off the road. She grabbed a strong thick rope to drag the Deer off the road and got ready. She walked around the truck snap crackle pop on the road She walked up to the deer the color of a flash of red She leaned in to see that it was blood, fresh blood. Well, there was nothing else to do than turn the deer over so with difficulty She turned the heavy carcass over.                                                                                                                                                                                    As the deer thumped over to its side She noticed what appeared to be three slashes along the side she stooped lower to get a closer look She still didn't understand. She could see perfectly with perfect eyesight and noticed the cuts were tight but what She could see said something sharp cut through the flesh and where the sharp deep cuts began the skin was cut clean as far as she could tell animals had made their mark She said well tight clean cuts, punctures, and guts missing poor girl had a target on Her back. Ok, now we need to get back oh wait, that shot I need to check that out, ok? So She got up and pulled the carcass to the grass off the road and felt Her muscles protest in pain. She Said Why are my muscles aching? I've been working Out. As she walked to the truck She said ok now to mark down the extra info She walked toward the truck. Her eye caught movement. At this very moment right as this was happening off in the wild distance into the cover of the Douglas Furs a man hid in a crouched position. Pulling away the tree's boughs, his head bobbed and weaved examining what could be His next prey.

But that all depended if they ever met He was far too fast for Her with k9 speed. He decided as the boughs slipped through His fingers and a new energy source flowed from the heart. He quickly turned His head so fast you'd think His eyeballs would spin essentially like the crack of a whip. So what am I thinking, His addendum went as follows I have left my calling card sooner or later I will have to confront Her. But whose side is She on? For now, He had to run because He had beckoned a target on His back His solid grey hair prickled all over His head because the weather had gotten colder the crisp ice penetrated through His clothes and made Him shiver. The tick tick of timing would progress the sun and bring frost to the ground the man now turned His body away from the tree aligning His body with His head and taking off in a slow gate He retreated He didn't want to hang around long or ice crystals would collectively form in the air yes that would serve a purpose but not His.                                                                                                       The Ranger had seen what now appeared as Rett heading up to pass Her beside the truck. Thunder started peeking through the clouded sky and clapped for Him as he made His tracks on the trusting path. The Ranger called out to Rett sir, He slowed down to a walk and approached the Ranger while walking up to Her She laid into Him saying what do you think you're doing with that gun this is a protected conservation land you're standing on. Rett said, "Hey no one informed me that this was protected land I bought the land thinking it would be a great place to raise a family." Ya well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's probably butting up close to your property somewhere. Ya, but I don't think you understand I had part of my herd threatened when a cougar went after my most prized possession and I was saving that Shela for my brother. Lizzy said Sir what's your name? He said now let's not make this personal Lizzy said Sir you made this between you and me the moment you fired your gun and because of my job,  As She headed back to Her truck she said Sir what's your name? He said Why do you ask? She started to write something down He said wait what are you doing don't report me! Lezzly stopped and said what would you have me do you're violating a rule we set up for protection. But can't you see I have a right to protect my family? She continued writing on the clipboard. How can I make you see my point of view? She sighed ok I might be able to help but first do you see my point of view? Oh ya, you environmentalists are all the same save the land save the animals don't be a litterbug. Lezzly said of course we're all the same that's because we're all on one team what do you want would you have every member of your family live in a landfill? No, but the way I see it the world is infinite we are but the breath out of a homeless man's mouth we struggle to make a way on this earth and you, you think animals should be infinite. Well, my point of view is the simple bee's sole purpose is to make honey but it's more than that our life simply hangs in the balance because of this little minute insect. It keeps all the vegetables and plants going to feed the plants and animals keeping us and them alive. So sir I believe the plants are a good representer of life at its finest.

Fine, you win but can you still help me out without reporting me? Well, I guess since I'm single I've always looked out for number one. I have often found the need for some warm strong arms to hold me so I guess I can see where you're value of family matters. You hit the nail on the head but I'm married to the job and I'm fine with friends. Well, I strongly believe in love that belongs to everyone for anyone. I have some pretty nice guy friends for you all with some bulk. Really who are these guys well there are actually just two guys one named Rod who is in a band and then there's Stewart who's well versed in the English language and a graduate of Harvard who is now studying for his big break in an acting career.