African-American S/O introducing them to soul food headcanons

Warnings: Possible ooc

Story type: Fluff

Pairings/Characters: Kanji Tatsumi, Naoto Shirogane, Rise Kujikawa.

Foods from different cultures? Sure, Naotos down to try it. Though Naoto hasn't had your cooking before, she's sure it at least has to be decent.

Her face is the equivalent of the surprised pikachu meme whenever you bring two bowls of Ham hocks to the table along with some black eyed peas.

She's immediately interested in these new dishes and as soon as she tries it she's in love-

She practically interrogates you about the other dishes and foods you can make from your culture, stopping mid way to apologize about getting too excited.

Every now and then she'll ask you if you can cook again, wanting to try out more then

expect to become the designated chef in a situation anyone needs to cook (and the housewife/househusband/housekeeper /j)

Every now and then she'll ask you if you can cook again, wanting to try out more thenexpect to become the designated chef in a situation anyone needs to cook (and the housewife/househusband/housekeeper /j)

Honestly, Rise is down for anything. There's really no way your cooking could be worse then hers, Yukiko's, or Chie's. If it is, she's not judging. I mean just look at her cooking.

When you mention it to her she's interested and maybe will check the internet for information on the dishes from your culture before you cook them.

When the Banana pudding that you made for desert shows up hearts practically fill Rise's eyes. She quickly eats it and asks you to make it another time for her.

A ton of flirting ensures afterwards, Rise constantly telling you that you're a gifted chef and you could definitely make it into a career.

She'll also jokingly suggest you teach her how to make these dishes, it's up to you if you take it seriously and try to teach her the recipes without her accidentally making it too spicy or not.

Just like for naoto, you're the designated chef now, 0 arguments allowed.

Kanji is more then happy, excited even to have you introduce these new foods to him

Kanji is more then happy, excited even to have you introduce these new foods to him. Cooking is one of his passions so he'd love to both taste and learn how to cook these new foods. He'll even ask you if he can watch you cook so he can start learning the recipes.

Kanji watches with intent whenever he see's you making the hushpuppies and cornbread. Noting down every step you take with interest and excitement.

By the time they're finished Kanji is already excitedly waiting at the table, mans seriously looks so excited that he's gonna flip the table over or something.

He's in love the moment he tastes the food, asking to help cook them next time and that he wants to learn all the dishes you can teach him.

Once you mention deserts all rational thought is outside the window and he practically drags you to the kitchen to ask you to prepare some desert from your culture.

You playfully roll your eyes as Kanji drags you into the kitchen wanting to make deserts with you. Looks like you got yourself a faithful helping hand in the kitchen.