Chapter 25 - The Yogscast Family

Tess's POV
I laughed as Storm and I went to the door to meet the others. "Um, how long have you been stood there?" I asked. They smiled, "long enough to know you like the room and Area 11," Lewis replied. Storm laughed, "well actually I'm more the Area 11 fan but this room is ace, thanks by the way." I nodded in agreement. 

"Well, I'm glad you like it. You won't meet the yogs until lunch as people have started recording. And speaking of recording you guys have an intro video to do and Hat Films you guys should be recording now," Lewis said. You could tell he was the boss because the guys moped off into their room and we saw the recording light turn on. Storm and I looked at each other.

"So we need to do an intro video, what does it have to have in it?" I asked Turps, seeing as Lewis had gone off to record. "Well it has to include who you are and what you do, oh and no spilling the news yet. We want it to be a surprise for the fans." I smiled and said, "don't worry I won't, but Storm's fans might get suspicious if there's no video from her today or tomorrow." Storm nodded and said, "yeah I'm gonna have to borrow the recording studio as I have this thing called Storming Saturday and Sunday where I post a singing video each day." Turps smiled, "that's fine as long as it keeps your fans off our back."

I saw Storm's face light up at the mention of her being allowed access to their studio; it was more updated than her own. "I think we'll be fine now Turps. Thanks for the help, I'm sure Hat Films will help us if we get stuck with anything," I said as he left us be. Storm looked at me and said, "well I gotta record my songs so you can either help me or sit in the room." There was no way I was missing an opportunity to help Storm as she barely asked for help. "I'm coming with you," I said. She smiled and we wandered around the office looking for the studio.

"Can I help you?" I heard a voice say. I turned to see Kim stood in her hoodie and batman converse. Surprisingly I didn't fangirl. "Um yeah Storm and I were just looking for the studio, you don't happen to know where it is do you?" I asked. Storm was stood beside me as I asked Kim the question and Kim smiled. "Newbies... Hey? Aren't you Storm Sings and The Purple Archer?" 

I smiled then. She knew who we were. My idol knew who we were! "Yeah we are, I never thought that Kim from the Yogscast would watch our videos," Storm said, sounding as surprised as me. She laughed, "of course I do! Storm your videos have been watched by all the yogs. It's all you hear when people listen to music. And Tess you are just adorable, your gaming videos are so funny, I saw Simon watching one the other day too! But I love the videos you guys make together, they are the best," she finished.

I was amazed at hearing this. Storm was too, obviously because she had no idea the Yogscast preferred her covers of songs than the originals. "Thanks, Kim, Storm's recording some stuff now if you'd like to join?" I asked. Storm seemed to object but I ignored her. 

"That's a stupid question really, of course I would!" Kim said smiling. Storm pulled and fake smile and then frowned at me behind Kim's back. Kim lead us to the recording studio and we went in and Storm set up a mic and the keyboard. "I don't know what to sing, guys any ideas?" She asked. 

"How about 'Chandelier' by Sia?" Kim asked. 

Storm nodded and turned to me, "um how about 'Title' by Meghan Trainor?" She smiled. "Well I guess that's what I've got, but I don't know the keyboard notes for them so I'm just doing vocals," she said, before moving the keyboard away from her. I counted her in, "3...2..1." and she began recording.

Kim prodded me in the side as Storm began. She pointed to a red button on the panel and mouthed 'press it'. I did as I was told and I heard Storm's voice drift out of the speakers throughout the office block. Her voice would now be on everyone's recording. Luckily she was too focused on singing to notice we had just broadcasted her to the world. I mouthed back to Kim 'won't she be on everyone's recording?' She nodded and acted casual about it like it wouldn't matter. I guess it wouldn't for them, they would just use it as background music if it was picked up by their mics and they could still edit it out if they wanted to.