7. [arrows]

Koby leaned against the inner hull of the warship, receiver still in hands. The sea was mildly rough as the fleet advanced towards Amazon Lily.

He just... he needed a moment to wrap his head around all the things he'd just learned. CP-0 in Wano, the alliance between Kaido and Big Mom...

«Where are you now?»

Drake's voice came from the receiver, forcing him to focus back on the conversation.

«I'm on my way to the island of women to capture the Pirate Empress, Boa Hancock.»

«I see. Things are moving fast here in Wano as well, with the Strawhats and Trafalgar's crew on the loose... I shall keep you updated however I can.»

That last sentence signed the end of the report, as always.

On the other side of the Den Den Mushi, miles of sea away, Drake awaited for the young captain to confirm there was nothing else to be shared and close the call. But Koby hesitated.

A crackling silence filled the hut around him, in a solitary pile of ruins just outside of Ebisu. The secluded place he chose for the transmission.

Drake's eyes fell on the receiver, then trailed to the broken window.

He had said everything he needed to say, every information he was supposed to pass to the Marines as their undercover soldier, with a single exception. Now was the time. But he too hesitated.

«Drake-san.» finally, Koby's voice broke the silence «There's one more thing.»

«What is it?»

«This... is more of a personal question. Or request. If I may.»

Drake frowned, surprised.

Koby was young, yes, but in the time they worked together, the older officer had learned to respect his skills and ideals.

«Tell me.»

Another pause.

«Do you, hum... do you remember L/n-san?»

Shit.

Drake took a second to collect himself.

«Aokiji's sniper, if I recall correctly.»

«Yeah.»

«What about her?»

«She... huh... disappeared... not long ago.»

«"Disappeared"?»

«Yes.»

«As in "deserted"?»

«I... am not sure, I mean...! She's been through a lot, lately.»

Right, with being held captive by Eustass Kid for a month and all.

«What does this have to do with us?»

«I...» Koby's tone trembled for a second «I believe she may be heading to Wano.»

Well, he wasn't wrong.

«Why?»

«I'm not sure but...»

Drake rose from his sitting position and moved through the battered room, nearing the window. It was partially covered by a fallen curtain, but he could see a spec of wasteland outside.

«But?»

«...it may have something to do with Eustass Kid.»

...