On the team or not

Paris POV

" Paris"! The girls said as me and mom walked towards them, " Your not on your crutches anymore"! Holly said smiling, " Yeah! We went for a check up and her ankle was healed so she's good to dance again"! My mom said smiling, " I'm so happy I get to dance again, not dancing was hell-" I started before my mom smacked the back of my head.

" Ooww"! I said as the girls laughed, " No cursing" She said, " Wait who are we missing"? Jill asked, as we all looked at the line of girls, " Where Kalani"? Melissa then asked before we looked and seen Kalani and kira walking towards us. " kiraaaa "! The moms and some of the girls said smiling.

The moms started talking so me and the girls went inside the studio to start getting ready. We all went to the backroom and started getting ready, " I wonder if you rusty after being gone for 1 almost 2 weeks" Nia said faking a gasp " Oh please, I could do turns all day if I could" I said putting my hair up.

" Soooo have you gotten a call back"? Jojo then asked, " No I did not, not yet, girls be Patient it takes a couple of weeks " I said laughing " Well they need to hurry upppp" Nia said whining, " Why? Your not the one who auditioned" I said, " So I'll know if my bestie got it, so we can celebrate"! Nia said making all of us laugh.

" Well thank you, you all will be the first ones the know" I said smiling before leaving the room when I heard Abby to tell us to come on for pyramid. We all followed until we got to the rehearsal room and lined up. " OK ladies congratulations to the group"! Abby said making us clap. " The vultures they grab the prey, they picked them up then dropped them"! Abby said.

" I'm gonna do things a little differently" Abby then said turning to the mirror, " At the top of the pyramid" Abby said before pulling the cover off of it showing maddie. We all clapped for her, me being louder, " Maddie you had a solos, you won, I thought it was absolutely exquisite, it was perfect" Abby said smiling.

" Sharing that top spot with her, is the child left behind" Abby said before showing Mackenzie's picture, maddie patted Kenzie head as we all clapped, " Because in Pittsburgh, Mackenzie was our overall scholarship winner" Abby said smiling, " Then pretty much straight across the bored" Abby said pointing to a straight line of 4 pictures, " We have, Nia, kendall, Kalani, and brynn" Ms, abby said.

" In the group dance, you all really focused on not being the weak link" Ms.Abby said " It was right on the money" Abby said, " On the bottom of the pyramid is jojo, and Paris, Paris you know why you didn't dance last week, so I have nothing bad to say" Abby said making me nod smiling, " Now jojo, I need to see you stretch those legs straighter and get the flexibility, yes"? " you don't want to be a one trick pony" Abby added.

" Now This week we will be attending Xpression dance competition" Abby said " Two trios will go up against each other in the competition, and clearly you can count there are 8 girls" Abby said, " That means 2 people are left out" Jill said making Abby nod. " Paris step forward" Abby then said making me do so, " Paris you will be a team captain" Abby said making me smile, " That's strange" Jill then said under her breathe but I ignored it.

" Maddie step forward" Abby then said making her also do so, " You are going to be a team captain " Abby then said, making me and Maddie look at each other smiling, " I have a question" Jill then said " How did you come up with the team captains"? Jill then asked " Oh my god Jill" My mom then said, " What I just wanna know what's Abby reasoning is"! Jill said, " Winning solo of this season" Abby then said rolling her eyes at Jill.

" Okay there you go" Jill said, " All right so, Paris, your first choice" Abby said, I looked at the girls then turned back, " Brynn" I said smiling, just everyone went silent, even Abby, I guess they were shocked, I chose brynn out of everyone else, even thought she might not like me, she's an amazing dancer.