Chapter ~ 10# ~ Get a Room

Noah ~ POV

Yesterday was a disaster; I managed to throw off Sheriff Olivia... I think. But boy, were my parents worried when they came to pick me up. Dad was pissed; if mom hadn't stopped him, he would have gone to Ethan's house and started a fight. And not to be mean to my dad, but my money would be on Ethan's grandpa. Dad tried forbidding me from seeing Ethan again, though I didn't listen to him. He didn't even try and listen to me when I told him about Ethan being attacked. I think he just wanted to blame Ethan for putting me in danger even though I forced myself to come along.

I kept my head down at school as everyone talked about what had happened. I don't know how but word spread about Ethan getting into a fight. Some people have started saying he's the creeper in town now. Others have been saying that Ethan got arrested by Sheriff Olivia. I kept my head down during class; some asked me if I had seen anything. Apparently, word spread about me being with Ethan the night he was attacked. I also heard the Sheriff is looking into Mr. Davis's home. Wonder if they'll be able to find his personal computer setup like we did.

During lunch, I managed to find Ethan; he was hiding near the back of the classroom buildings. I noticed he had a few bandages on his face as I approached. He looked at me with a smile as I sat down next to him on one of those raised tree beds.

"Dad doesn't want me to see you...." I said as I opened my drink.

Ethan smiled as he picked at his food with his fork.

"Might be a good idea." He said, which surprised me.

"Ethan... I put myself there... It's not your fault." I wanted to make myself clear to him.

I did force him to take me, so I was telling the truth but still.

"Look, Noah... I think you should stop here... last night...." I interrupted him.

"Hey... nobody forced me to be there with you. I went with you because I wanted to. And either way, it looks like you and I are stuck together, so get used to it." I pointed my plastic spork at him without realizing it.

He seemed a little surprised by my assertiveness. I went back to eating my food as I surprised myself a little. I'm not sure why, but I had to see this through; if this creep stayed any longer, he might go after my own family.

Ethan let out a chuckle before biting into his food.

"So, what did you find?" He asked through a mouth his meal.

I couldn't help but smile as I reached into my backpack. I pulled out the key I found in the house and handed it to Ethan. He looked it over, noticing the plastic tag that hung alongside it.

"Lazy Creek Inn..." Ethan said as he read the name on the tag.

I smiled as I did a little research on it before going to bed last night.

"It's a small motel just outside of town...." Ethan looked at me, a little impressed.

I couldn't help the confident smirk as I reached over and took the key.

"I'm guessing that woman dropped it while she was fighting you... I was thinking of heading over...." He stopped me with a hand on my arm.

"Wait... after last night; it might be best to wait a little bit." He suggested, which honestly was a good idea.

I nodded to him as we went back to eating. Though I remembered something, I wanted to ask him.

"Hey... yesterday... when you ran... where you...." I began to ask before Ethan interrupted me.