Snuffles, three-way fight

Daphne was rather enjoying her boyfriend Harry and his sister in all but blood Rose staying at the Greengrass manor, as were the other occupants. Each and every person had their own reason for liking the two staying there.

The house elves were happy that they had more people to look after, especially when Harry and Rose treated them so kindly. Harry also had Dobby work in the manor, the excitable house elf worked as hard as he could, which resulted in the other elves working harder and soon an unofficial contest began to see who could work the hardest.

Daphne knew that Astoria and Harry got on great, but Astoria also got on well with Rose. She kept trying to spend time with Rose, and she was slowly bringing the girl out of her shell. Rose seemed fine with Astoria, she wasn't chatty but she didn't feel the need to hide from her.

Roxanne Greengrass, the mother, also enjoyed having Harry and Rose here. She tried to mother the two for all they were worth, but that didn't really go her way when Harry insisted he would take care of her as he was a guest in her house. He would regularly offer to do things around the house, he also did little things like pull out her chair for her when she sat down.

Daphne was beginning to wonder who was taking care of who, she once even found Harry massaging his mother's shoulders. But Harry then massaged her shoulders so it was fine, and boy did he know how to relieve tension.

Cyrus Greengrass, the father, thought Harry was brilliant. He was of the opinion that Harry had inherited the right things from both his father and mother, James's mischief and looks along with Lily's eyes and brains. He found Harry smart enough to discuss politics with and he rather enjoyed his witty comments.

Rose, was still incredibly shy around the whole family. She usually tried to hide between either Harry, Daphne and sometimes Astoria. This had left the Greengrass adults a bit put out, until Daphne explained that it was nothing personal and Rose just needed a lot of time to get used to people. Daphne couldn't really blame Rose for the way she acted, not that her parents did anything to deserve it but if Daphne had gone through what Rose had gone through then she might be the same.

The group were sitting at dinner, enjoying themselves. Cyrus and Roxanne sat at opposite end of the table with the kids sitting at the sides of the table, Daphne and Harry on one side while Rose and Astoria sat on the other. They were having a good time eating and talking to each other.

"Yeah that's true" Harry was saying to Cyrus "but frankly I've never understood why the 'elbows off the table' rule exists"

"Me either" Cyrus said in agreement

"I mean, tables are elbow height for a reason" Harry replied

"True" Cyrus chuckled "ah, by the way, have you chosen your electives yet?"

"Yes, me and Rose have taken care of magical creatures, Arithmancy and ancient runes." Harry answered

"Same" Daphne nodded "they all sound really interesting"

"Hmm, we should probably go shopping in Diagon alley tomorrow" Roxanne said "me and Cyrus will buy you four your supplies"

"Really, you don't need to do that" Harry said politely "you've let us stay in your home and that's more than enough"

"Nonsense" Roxanne waved him off "we've enjoyed having you here, and we insist. It's not charity, consider it a gift from us for making our daughter happy, I've never seen her as happy as she is when she's with you"

"Mum!" Daphne blushed

"You might as well accept" Cyrus chuckled "my wife always gets what she wants, believe me I know. When you two are older than Daphne's going to have you under her complete and total control"