Chapter 4

------------------------------------------------------

The cold air blew on Yuri's face as he stood still and looked at the massive walls of the city in front of him. Amazed by how big the city is, he now walked towards the gate entrance which was heavily guarded.

'How did they build this by the way?' He thought as he slowly walked towards the gate.

Guards hostering bolt-action rifles and pistols stood at the entrance with green uniforms with emblems on their helmets. Civilians could be seen passing through the checkpoint one after another after showing what seemed to be identification cards hanging on their necks.

"Halt!" One guard yelled at Yuri. "Identification Pass?"

"Oh, I'm sorry officer, but I lived in the countryside until now." Yuri lied. "I'm planning to get an ID, where should I get one?"

"Is that so?" The guard said. "Well then."

The man pulled out a piece of paper from his shoulder bag and gave it to Yuri. "This will be your pass here. Get your Identification Card at one of the many guilds here," he said.

"Thanks," Yuri said, passing through the checkpoint and into the city.

------------------------------------------------------

The scene was filled with hovering cars driving around the roads, crowds of citizens dressed in formal clothing, presumably going to their jobs, and multitudes of flying aircraft just right above the city, sometimes blocking the sunlight.

"This looks so incredibly sci-fi, holy shit," Yuri muttered.

He now walked to the center of the city to find a guild so he could get an ID. He asked directions from the locals because he got lost sometimes in the streets, but at last, we arrive at the scene where he's standing in front of the guild, looking at the logo hanging on the roof.

"Firestorm Guild?" Yuri said, walking towards the entrance. "Cool name."

...

Suddenly, he thought about something from an isekai anime he recently watched back at his home.

'Adventurers... being very cocky... and prideful...'

Taking a look at his physique, he realized something that's probably going to give him a disadvantage.

'I... look like an incredibly weak noble without any big-shots to protect me...'

Hastily entering the alleyway that's beside the guild to hide himself, he transformed into the bandit he consumed earlier to conceal his identity, ensuring that he wouldn't be targeted by any evil individuals in the city.

'Now, I look like someone who's pretty dangerous right?'

...

'Nope, I still look incredibly weak.'

'Well, it's better than my original appearance.'

Standing at the entrance, he took a deep breath and entered the building.

Immediately he was greeted by the stares from the adventurers that were sitting on their tables. He thought it was the clothing that made him stand out from the rest of the people inside because it looked kind of ragged, but upon further investigation, he just looked weak.

Yuri hoped that none of the adventurers would mess with him. If they did, they would quickly be destroyed by his powers, and after that, he might attract the attention of more powerful people in the city.