Chapter 9

------------------------------------------------------

'How did this happen?' Yuri thought as he was now eating his meal in front of Jen and her friend Moon.

"Hey, are you going to eat that?" Jen asked as she grabbed his plate and placed it near her.

"Jen, be respectful please," Moon reminded her.

'Uh...' Yuri sat there, confused.

----------------

A couple of minutes earlier...

Yuri sat in a table in a restaurant called "Steak Firehouse," and he's waiting for his order. He grabbed a glass of water while reading a newspaper and took a sip.

"Aah~" he exhaled. He looked outside the window and saw hovering cars driving past by the establishment. After, he looked back at his newspaper, finishing the minigame of crosswords on the backpage.

"This world's good," he muttered. "I guess it's better than sitting in my room all day feeling bored."

"I wonder what Eliss is up to?" He continued. "I feel like she's super strong now."

"Order number 89?!" A female voice echoed through the building. "Order number 89?!"

"Here!" Yuri exclaimed at the counter. A waiter grabbed his order placed at the counter and walked towards his table, placing the order down on the platform gently and walking away after giving him his receipt and being given a tip.

His meal consisted of a perfectly cooked steak with vegetables placed at the left side of the dish, a mysterious green sauce at the right, and mashed potato on a bowl separate from the others. He was also given orange juice on a soda can and pieces of tissue placed neatly on the side of the tray. He grabbed the dining knife and a fork on his table and began to cut the steak. He pierced the small piece with the fork and ate it.

"Mhm- good shit," he commented. He then proceeded to slice the steak in two, then into four. He grabbed the spoon on his side that was literally on the edge of the table, ready to fall off. "Oh, that was close," he exclaimed as he hastily grabbed it.

He scooped up a spoonful of mashed potato from the bowl and placed it on one of the chopped up bits of the steak. He then grabbed the side of the beef with his fingers and ate it in one bite. "Delicious," he remarked.

As he was about to touch the vegetables, he suddenly felt something was wrong. A shadow appeared over to his left, obstructing his meal. He slowly looked over and saw Jen drooling over the glass window, with her friend Moon watching from the side.

----------------

"What are you guys even doing here?" He exclaimed at them both. "I was just eating my meal here in peace you know."

"We were about to go to the guild to do a quest, but we saw you eating here, so we decided to greet you," Moon replied.

"You guys or is it just Jen?" he questioned.

"It's just Jen, sorry," Moon answered.

"Hah, I knew it," Yuri exhaled. "So, you guys gonna order something--"

"Jen, could you please give me back my mashed potatoes?" Yuri asked her, because she was about to empty the bowl in just a few seconds.

"Nroo-," Jen replied while still having food in her mouth.

"I said, give it to me," Yuri grabbed the bowl trying to snatch it back from her. "You goddamn food thief."

No matter how hard he pulled, Jen kept pulling it back.