The Web of Intrigue (1)

...

(SPOILER ALERT WARNING: ONLY READ THE ONES YOU'VE ALREADY READ!)

...

------------------------------------------------------

Node 1 : Chapter [8]

Subject: Officer Trestan Nevel

Gender: Male

Age: 36

Story:

A man who advanced in rank through personal connections and bribes. He harbored a deep grudge against beastmen due to a childhood trauma. 

During a meeting at their headquarters, he clashed with his commanding officer over a group of "rogue" beastmen they had apprehended while attempting to rob a cargo vessel at Port Venlar. The argument escalated, and the commanding officer eventually dismissed him from the meeting.

Grown sick of his officer, he poisoned him when he tried to drink his tea, effectively relieving him from duty. 

He was now temporarily put in charge until the higher-ups could find a replacement. He suggested that they should put Restor, an experienced man and was quite friendly to him since they had similar interests: Eliminating Beastmen.

Trestan was promoted to a higher rank when Restor took power as a gift. A day later, he was sent to Minson Province to command and train a nearby brigade.

------------------------------------------------------

Node 2 : Chapter [14-2]

Subject: Gale Nelos

Gender: Female

Age: 13

Story:

Forced out of her rural town due to an attack by an unknown group. Her parents got killed while trying to protect her, and she was left alone in the forest looking for help. Coming across a group of goblins, who unexpectedly helped her, took her into their dungeon where the master nurtured her for a few years inside.

One day, a group of highly skilled yet cocky adventurers decided to subjugate the hidden dungeon, eliminating all monsters inside, including the dungeon master.

After seeing her friends and family get brutally murdered in front of her eyes again, she went fucking ballistic. Awakening her abilities that the dungeon master implemented inside her soul, she returned the favor by unleashing a barrage of attacks at the adventurers which were not prepared to deal with her.

One by one, they get picked off like ants. The aftermath resulted in the dungeon becoming a high-ranking one, and her becoming the dungeon master; vowing to take revenge on those who wronged her and the ones who took everything from her life.