Chapter 18

* * *

"Killing one person makes you a murderer, killing a million people makes you a king, and killing them all makes you God."

- Patrick Star

* * *

Lucas slowly opened his eyes to a wooden ceiling, confused as to how he got here. His head tried to process everything like a puzzle, slowly reaching to a conclusion.

He then remembered a man rescuing them from danger, and suddenly tried to find Lyra with a worried expression. To his relief, he saw her comfortably sleeping on a similar bed next to him on his right. He took a deep breath, and looked around the room.

It looked like they were in a small cabin. A small fireplace burned brightly in front of him at the other wall, and a large table sat in the middle of the room with food on top of it.

He felt a little bit off at the sight. After all, he was a slave before. Being tortured and starved for a long time definitely changed his view of the world as a kid. Seeing a sight like this felt like a miracle.

He also felt a whole lot better then before. Did that man heal his injuries? Did he do the same to Lyra? Is he from the capital? While asking a lot of questions in his head, he then slowly got off the bed, walked to the table, and took a piece of meat placed on a platter. He took a bite out of it, and let out a small tear.

For a moment, he rejoiced in the meal with a smile on his face. That gleeful moment was suddenly stopped however, when a voice called out from behind.

"Enjoying the meal?"

Lucas immediately turned around and saw the man that saved them from their chasers a while ago. 

'W-When did he get here?' 

"Wipe that stain off your mouth before we talk."

* * *

The man faced the boy as they sat down on the table.

"So Lucas, how are you feeling now?"

"Amazing? Great? Or maybe even... powerful?"

Lucas definitely felt great, since all of his injuries were healed after all--but powerful? What is he talking about? Did he give the boy something when he was asleep?

The man grabbed a ceramic cup from the table and gave it to Lucas. 

"Can you give it a little grip?" 

Lucas became confused. What's he planning right in front of him? He then followed his command. "Just a little grip--"

Shatter! The cup immediately became crushed shards on his hand. Lucas became a bit shocked at the sight, and watched as the pieces fell down to the ground as he loosened his grip.

"T-That was fragile," said Lucas while looking at the shards on the floor.

"Looks like you aren't quite convinced yet--so follow me." The man stood up and walked to the door with Lucas following soon after.

Outside was an open area in front of the cabin. Lucas took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh morning air. 

He looked around and saw a female beastkin person training using a pile of logs. She grabbed a large chunk, and easily threw it high into the air--which surprised him. What shocked him more though was the weapons on her arms.

'Huh--wait, I was looking at the log; when did she pull that out--'

Jumping high into the air, she then kicked the far end of the log, making it angle towards her. Thrusting herself downwards, she then used her large, cleaver-like blades to slice the entire thing vertically.