[Chapter 11] Sweet Sorrows

"Estelle, what do you think about New New York? Think I finally found a cure for you!" The Doctor was jumping around at this, his eyes sparkling with excitement like a child on Christmas Day. There was only a small smile on my face, mostly to keep his excitement up, but the Doctor saw right through it. His jumping stopped, and he looked at me, a look that urged me to spill out the thoughts on the top of my head.

"You know what? I'm good. Doctor, I am good," the Doctor gave me the strangest look at this, as if I was insane to be saying what I was. "At first, I was so scared, every moment I felt like I was fighting a miserable war, constantly in pain, but ever since I've been with you, it's not even like a war anymore; and I don't think I mind dying anymore. So, thank you. Thank you so much," I glanced over to the Doctor, tears were swelling in his eyes, some even escaped down his cheek. I still kept a sad smile on my face, and honestly I think that pained him even more. I walked closer to him, placing a hand on his cheek, using my thumb to wipe away the escaping salt water tears that streamed down his face. After a moment I pulled him into a tight hug where I nestled my head into the crane of his neck, a hug that I never wanted to end. A hug that I wish I could stay in forever, it was soft, warm, and comforting, and even though I was prepared to turn in, I needed all the comfort in the world. I may have been ready to hang up my coat, but that didn't mean it was going to be easy.

"I've been running from this for so long, and you know what? I think it's finally time for me to accept that it's my time," I pulled back slightly from the hug so I could see his face, his sad, sad face. He opened his mouth, but I cut him off with an, "Ah, ah, don't talk, just listen, all right?" he simply nodded at my request, and I squished my nose against his,and our foreheads touched. I gazed into his eyes, and I swear if you look closely you can see the universe reflected in his perfect little green-blue orbs. "You were great, all right? One of the greatest things to ever happen to me, honestly. If I never saw this blue box land in my backyard all that time ago, right now I would be so scared, and so, so sad. But I'm not anymore, and I can only thank you," I backed up a bit, gazing into his face, looking for a reaction. He only looked down, a very sad expression on his face that killed me every time I looked at him. Every glance at him he looked even more sad, even paler, and even more hurt. I took one of his hands, and placed it between both of mine and gave him a weary smile, "Don't be upset, because to be quite honest, I think this may be what I want. I'm tired, I'm so tired of this fight,and besides, I don't think my fate is to be cured by some future technology," I took a small sigh before continuing one last time, "It's been such a long journey for both of us. As thrilling as it was, I never wanted it to end, but end it has. So, goodbye Doctor.."

He lifted his head up and looked at me with sad eyes, and nodded at me. I had wished I was better with words when I spoke, because I know I didn't give him the most inspiring speech, and it may have been a bit repetitive, and maybe very sad, but I had hoped dearly it let him know that he was most definitely the best thing that ever happened to me, and that he surely was quite amazing and remarkable, and that it was just my time, and not his fault at all. I hadn't even realize I was crying, until I touched my cheek and was greeted by salt water tears.

I nodded at the Doctor, and he nodded back. I turned away and began to walk out, but being stopped by something pulling on my hand. "Estelle, please, don't do this," he was quiet when he spoke, but just loud enough for my ears to pick up. I turned back to him and he reached out for me, I simply pushed down the arm softly. It was more of a notion to say that I'm sure this is what I want. "It's for the best Doctor," he shook his head at this, not wanting me to go through with this at all. "Estelle, please..."

"Just don't forget me, okay? I could never forget about you. And if I ever think that maybe you've forgotten me, I don't know how I'd feel. It would hurt though. So please, don't forget about me, all right? And I hope that whenever you see those stupid laser shooting pepper shakers that you remember our first adventure to Rome, and how I totally kicked ass!" The Doctor let out a small laugh at this, it just left a big smile on my face because I finally succeeded. "Thank you, and goodbye."

I began walking down the ramp to the door, the walk seemed so long, much longer than usual. My shoulders felt heavy, like a ton of weight sat on my shoulders weighing me down so I had to drag my feet. There was a large ache in my chest, and for the first time I couldn't decide whether it was the cancer pushing through, or if it was my heart aching because of this goodbye that I didn't want to do. After a very long walk, I finally reached the door, I put my hand on it, keeping it there for a while before I looked back at the Doctor.

"Estelle, you were magnificent. Absoloutely magnificent. And don't you ever stop believing, because you're the girl who believed, and that's a wonderful thing. Not many people believe in much anymore, and it's such a wondeful thing to believe. Hold on to that," on his face was plastered a sad smile that concealed his tears like a mask. "I won't, never. I'll always believe, in you." At that I opened the door and stepped out, very slowly, but I did. I stood with my back against for the box for a while. To my surprise, the TARDIS hadn't left either. We just stood there, moping in my backyard. After a few long minutes I felt a breeze that tossed my red hair around with a familiar humming like a car engine, I glanced back and the box was dissappearing. I recollected our many memories as I watched it fade away. Rome, the trampoline world, Victorian London, Sekai, the weeping angels, everything. I may have been crying, but they weren't sad memories; not at all. They were amazing, thrilling, and very happy memories. Memories that I would cherish forever.

---

Sorry this took so long, I just lost inspiration. I actually wrote this part a while ago but I always planned on having more parts before this to add closure to the weeping angels storyline I had planned. I decided it would be best to give you guys some closure. There's one more part that I'll try to get up soon, and then the story will be completed, well, kind of. I mean, it will be as completed as it ever will. Sorry that some storylines that I began won't be finished(basically the whole weeping angel dream, I had a plan for it..).

I thought about picking this story up again, but when I looked back over this I saw how poorly written this story really is. In order for me to fix it I'd have to completely revise it and it would barely be the same story, so I decided to leave it as it is. My writing is constantly improving, and since I didn't finish the story continuously, my writing has evolved too much that it just won't fit with the rest of the story.

I'm planning on writing another book and posting it on wattpad, but I'm still working on the first chapter. Once i get multiple chapters done I'll post them, and I'd love for you to check it out. It's not fan fiction, but I think you'll still like it. It's much different than anything I've ever done.

Ciao,

Kylee