[Chapter 6] Angel

At the edge of my bed a statue stood tall, a statue of an angel to be exact. Its small hands were covering its eyes, not daring to peek at me. It had a long dress that covered her torso, legs, and feet. The angel had big wings that sprouted from its back that were much taller than they were wide. She was overall very dirty and quite cracked, though I was much concerned by how it got in my room than its cleanliness.

I figured the Doctor wouldn't have brought it in; unless maybe he was trying to scare me or something along the lines of that, but it just didn't seem likely.

But then I did something I shouldn't have, something that I regretted the instant that I did.

I blinked.

As soon as my eyes opened I was greeted with a no longer sad looking statue, but an angry and aggressive one. Its teeth were sharp and pointy, and its hands reached out for me with nails so sharp they could be mistaken for claws. Its fingers were curled up as if it was trying to grasp me and take me away. It was only a statue, but I was scared. My stomach was churning in circles as I cried out in fear for the Doctor, but he never came. I was left alone in a room with a statue that I was sure wanted to kill me.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of it for the reason that I couldn't believe it existed. A statue, a moving statue. A statue that had piercing eyes that were so blank, yet so scary.

"Help me!" I cried out, not to anyone in particular, but just to someone, anyone. I just wanted someone to come and hold me, take me away and tell me it was going to be okay.

My eyes watered and let multiple tears stream down my face, and with how I was breathing you would think that I just ran a marathon; but no, I was in my bed, crying in fear of the statue that stood before me.

This time I truly didn't mean to, I really didn't, but I did it again.

I blinked.

My eyes opened to see an empty room. No statue(well except for the small dragon statue that stood on the dresser, but I threw it away not long after, after all you can never be too careful), just nothing but normal furniture. It was just a dream?

Finally when I got enough confidence that the room was safe and that if I were to place my feet on the ground I wouldn't get pulled under the bed by tiny minions I finally got out of bed.

I walked into my bathroom just to see that I looked absolutely terrible. My face was red and hot, a mix of sweat and tears was on my face. I simply splashed my face with cold water, which felt amazing against my burning skin, then continued to apply some makeup. Just eyeliner and mascara though, I was never one for a lot of makeup. I prefer a more natural look.

I had realized that I didn't even change out of the dress I was wearing before I went to bed. I guess I was more tired than I thought. I walked towards the white wardrobe that had decorative circles made out of gold leaf scattered on it and opened it. There was so much clothes in it, and they were all wonderful. I almost thought the wardrobe could have been the one that led to Narnia(I checked, it sadly wasn't). I finally decided on a black and white plaid button up shirt and dark blue shorts that were a bit tattered on the ends.

I walked out of my room and skipped down the hall into the console room to be greeted by the Doctor.

"Morning Estelle! How did you sleep?" A very cheery Doctor said.

"Fine," I lied. I decided it would be best to not tell him, I didn't need him worrying about me more than he already was, "how about you?" The Doctor simply laughed at this.

"Oh, I didn't sleep. My body doesn't require as much sleep as you humans do."

"Oh? Well, how much does your body require?"