[Chapter 7] Faults

I woke up, completely and utterly confused. My vision was fuzzy, my head felt weird and hurt, and I could hear two people bickering at each other.

"She's waking up!" Someone said, I couldn't register the voice since my ears were ringing and everything sounded odd and unreal.

"What?" I finally managed to say after a few tries that resulted in slurring noises.

"Give her a minute, she just needs to realize what's happening," another person said.

I glanced around for a little while until finally my vision came back, the fuzzy shapes turned into people. The Doctor, King, and a few servants were gathered around me, awaiting for me to speak. I attempted to say something a few times, but I could only make a few grunting noises and odd slurs before being able to actually speak. It was getting a bit frustrating that I couldn't say anything clearly. But alas, I finally was able to speak.

"Uh, hello?" I said nervously, I was a bit freaked out by how close everyone was to me and how everyone was staring at me. It was a bit uncomfortable. A big smile appeared on the Doctor's face as I spoke, but just for it to disappear when he glanced at the King.

"Estelle, do you feel okay?" The Doctor asked, grabbing my hand and squeezing it tightly.

"I don't know," I answered. He looked at me strangely, but his look quickly changed to sympathy, along with everyone else's gazes. All eyes were on me, but they were all sad eyes, and it worried me. It scared me.

"Why is everyone looking at me? Have I done something?" I asked, frantically looking at everyone awaiting for someone to give me an answer, something. Finally after a moment of silence the Doctor stepped up.

"Estelle, I need to talk to you, and it would be best if we headed to the TARDIS. We should really go," he said, his voice was nervous, and a bit wobbly. His hand pointed towards the exit, and he seemed very rushed. I knew it would be best to go with the Doctor, so I did. I stood up but wobbled on my feet again, they were tingling and asleep. I grabbed the Doctor's shoulder for balance until my feet woke up. It didn't take too long. I then followed the Doctor and we left the castle and walked through the market. Though before we could get halfway through something happened to the servants. They started shaking and getting stuck on words.

Finally they stopped, and turned to face us. No longer were their eyes a light blue, but now fully black and not as sincere, but perhaps angrier. They came towards us, but this time I'm sure it wasn't to serve us, but to serve us.

"Oh, Estelle, we should have never come here," the Doctor whispered as the servants approached us. Their movement wasn't as graceful as it previously was, but now more robotic-like.

"I guess we can only do one thing," I whispered to him. We both looked at each other with a face full of fear that quickly changed to a small smile, which confirmed we were thinking the same thing.

"Run!" We both said at the same time, quite loudly too. We began to quickly swim as fast as we could to the TARDIS, trying to lose the servants. They stayed pretty close behind us the whole time, but not close enough to get us before we reached the TARDIS.

I followed behind the Doctor, though once I stepped into the air shield around the TARDIS I couldn't breath. I started gasping for air--but I had air? It didn't make sense, I looked to the Doctor for and explanation but he just frowned and dropped his head to face the sea floor

"You need to step back into the water," he said, with pity in his voice and sympathy plastered on his face. I did as he said without any hesitation, just to see I was able to breathe fine. Though that wasn't right, it couldn't be right? Right? I'm human, I need air to breathe. I quickly searched my neck for the necklace to find that my neck was bare without any necklace on it.

"I don't understand." I will admit, I was scared. So very scared, more scared than I'd ever been. Though this time I wasn't scared of any aliens, not even he Doctor himself, but rather I was scared of something that I'd known for so long.

Myself.

I was scared of myself. Whatever happened to me, or whatever I was, I was scared of it--me.

Thoughts were running through my mind, all kinds of possibilities and reasons why this had to be a big dream. For one, I was human. Another, I have cancer, lung cancer, how would this even work? My lungs barely work with air, let alone water. Yet here I was, breathing perfectly fine.

"He put a potion in the drink, you're transforming into a Gyojin. And I can't help you? They're gonna take you Estelle, because you can't get to water fast enough in the TARDIS to live." His voice was sad and full of despair, but slightly muffled since he was facing the floor. What he said hurt, it really did. Did this mean I would live out my life on another planet, underwater, and never see my family, friends or any other human ever again? The thoughts made my heart burn and ache a sad pain. I always thought I was so safe with the Doctor, I guess I was wrong.

Though the news he gave me wasn't even the worst part about what he said, the worst part was that he didn't even look at me, not a single glance. He couldn't tell it to my face, and it hurt me. It hurt on top of what he just said, which was already a mountain of pain. A mountain much larger than any skyscraper in the world. I could feel the tears swell up in my eyes, but since we were in the water no one would be able to tell, no one but me.

"I'm so, so sorry." I simply shook my head at this.

"Then do something," I whispered to him, I was begging--pleading him to help me. The Doctor just walked inside the TARDIS, still not looking at me. He just left me.

"Doctor! Don't you leave me here! Doctor, please," I screamed at the blue box, my voice all wobbly since I was crying.

"Doctor!" I screamed one last time as the servants came from behind me and dragged me off. I tried to resist it, but their grip was ever so strong. They dragged me through the market, and everyone stared at me; the girl who was throwing a fit as she was being taken off to a dungeon. Well at least that's what I thought, but no, what they had in store for me was much worse.

They threw me into a room that the King was relaxing in. Once he saw me a pleasant smile grew on his face, though I couldn't say the same for myself.

"Thank you my servants, now off you go," the King said as he clicked a button. As he did, the servant's robotic movements changed to graceful and pleasant. Their eyes changed from black to their original light blue and they swam out of the room, leaving me with the king.

"And now for you my love, once you finish your transformation you shall become mine. All mine," he laughed as he circled around me, examining me fully. He stopped in front of me and placed a finger under my chin which he used to raise my head up.

"Oh, smile for your king beautiful, because I'll be the only person you'll be seeing for now on," the King said with a sky smile on his face. I gave him a small fake smile which was adequate enough for him.

"That will work for now."

For about a month I was stuck there as his toy, being there to please him against my will. I believe that maybe over the time I was there that when I fully transformed and grew a tail where my legs used to be, that my heart shrank many sizes as all the life that was in me dried out and cracked.

Often I thought about how I didn't want to be left alone here with theses creatures, I wanted to see the stars with the Doctor, and dance among them as we saved species and awed at the beauty of the stars.

Too bad the stories my mom told me never included this, no, they never warned me that he would leave me stranded on another planet that was hundreds, maybe millions of light years away from Earth. Though I guess we all have our faults, and mine was trusting him.

-------------------------------------

Sorry this took a while! I've been really busy, and I wanted to make this chapter awesome. I hope this was worth the wait though! Please vote for this if you like it, and comment your thoughts! Thanks a bunch,

Kylee