✨ CHAPTER 4 - DJING IN IBIZA ✨

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Nick's pov

Dad and I stood looking down at the River Thames and the London Bridge above, sightseeing. We were waiting for the sun to start setting, then we would go to the British museum and figure out a plan. Delilah was still at the hotel, she told us to pick her up before we left for the museum, said something about taking a nap. 

I rested my arms on the railing looking down at the River Thames "You know I really could've just stayed by myself in New York." I pointed out. 

"Yeah, no, that wasn't gonna happen." he lightly scoffed. Great, now I'm being babysat by my Dad because he thinks I'm irresponsible. 

"Beautiful, huh?" he said looking at the view across the river, trying to ease the tension. 

"Yeah." I replied nonchalantly, keeping my gaze. 

"The River Thames. Isn't this cool, man, you and me in London? Huh? " he said, attempting to relieve some of the tension. 

"Yeah." I replied again. 

My Dad let out a small sigh. "Hey, I've been thinking about that, year off." he said. 

I instantly turned my head to him "Yeah?" I questioned, nervously. 

He turned to me as we slowly walked. "I think it could be cool." I couldn't believe it, he seemed so against it the other night. 

"Yeah?" I said, kinda getting excited. 

"Yeah. What are you thinking?" he said softly with a small smile. 

"Yeah, wow. I think I wanna DJ in Ibiza." I said in excitement and disbelief, with a big smile on my face. 

"In Ibiza?" he questioned slowly, his smile falling. 

"Ibiza, it's a small island off the coast of Spain." I said clarifying. 

"Do you speak spanish?" he said in an accusatory tone. Great, this was going to turn into another debate. 

"No. But that's the beautiful thing. It's about the music. It's not inhibited by the language barrier." I said quickly, trying to convince him. Trying to show him how much I wanted to do this. 

"No, but you are. I mean, what are you gonna speak in beats? " he fired right back. 

"Why are you freaking out? You just said this was a really cool idea" I said starting to get really frustrated. He just isn't understanding. 

"I'm not freaking out. I just want to know what the plan is. " he said trying to defend himself. 

I let out a sigh "You didn't go to college." trying to explain to him in a different way. 

"Wait, now we're talking about not going to college at all?" He's definitely freaking out now. 

There was a pause "Maybe. I don't know." I mean I really didn't, there's nothing I'm interested in doing except music. Also the thought of studying for another 3 years really wasn't appealing either. 

"Nicky. Nicky that's not..." My dad said slowly. 

"Dad, you didn't go to college. You turned out fine." I just don't wanna go, why won't he just accept that? 

"I turned out okay after about 20 years and a lot of dead ends." he countered. 

"Whatever man, don't worry about me. I'll be fine." I said in disappointment, giving up trying to convince him. I turned away from him and continued walking. 

"Hey, I'm always gonna worry about you. I'm your dad." he said trying to diffuse the situation. 

I turned to him as we walked. "Thanks" I said with an ounce of sarcasm. 

I turned back towards the London Bridge. "Sun's going down. We should get Lilah and get going." I said to him, pissed off. 

There was a long moment of silence as we walked. I could tell my dad was thinking of something to say to start up a conversation. 

"So. Have you told Delilah yet?" he asked with a small smirk. 

I shot him a confused look. "Told her what?" 

"You know...that you like her." He said in an obvious tone. 

I whipped my head to face him so fast I could've gotten whiplash. "What! No. No I...I don't. Of course I don't, she's my best friend." I said quickly, in a tone an octave higher than my own. I turned away from him, hopefully he would just drop the topic. 

"It's quite obvious that you like her actually. You know, your Mom and I have a bet; who would admit it first. I'm rooting for you kid, it's not looking very good I'll admit." he said in the most casual voice. 

"Dad can we please stop talking about this, we're friends and just that, nothing else. She doesn't feel that way about me anyway." I said hoping he would leave this conversation at that. 

"Can we just go do this already? We can't waste anymore time." I said speeding up my pace a little. I heard my dad let out a little chuckle from a couple steps behind me. 

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨