✨ CHAPTER 6 - DEFINITELY NOT AS SWEET AS REXY ✨

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Delilah's POV

It was silent as we treaded through the museum the only sound being from the squeaking of our shoes against the waxed floors. We walked with purpose through a corridor with moving murals lining the walls. We walked into a room occupied by disoriented Ancient Greek statues, staring at us as we walked into the room. As we did the statues all slowly started getting closer.

 I moved closer to Nick as Jedediah disturbed the silence "What kind of haunted hootenanny is this, boys?" He said fearfully low. We continued across the room all sending weary glances at each other and the statues as we passed. 

"Couldn't have put it better myself Jed." I whispered as we walked slowly.

Nick spoke up beside me "We're all finding this super creepy, right?" I nodded at his words.

"They're just a little freaked out." Larry said as he shined his light at a couple of the statues.

"So would you be if you woke up missing your arms or a leg." I pipped up as I walked past a statue of a man with broken off arms.

Teddy nodded at my words "First time we came alive, it took some getting used to." He said sympathetically as he looked around at them.

As we made our way towards the exit of the room a centaur with broken off arms came quite close to the group. "Hey, there. Just, uh... just heading to Egypt". Larry informed him as we walked past. 

Walking away from Ancient Greece we walked into another corridor, this time the walls were lined with heads of moose, dear, hogs and other kinds of animals. They stared at us with empty eyes as we walked past sending slight shivers down my back. I glanced over at Nicky to see him looking over at me. I sent him a small nervous smile to which he returned.

We all walked forward slowly until we heard what sounded like huge, heavy footsteps. The heads lining the walls all turned to the direction the sound was coming from looking worried as they did. Larry and Teddy leading the group, suddenly came to a stand still. 

"Hear that?" Larry said with slight worry in his voice 

"Hear what?" Nick replied beside me. I looked over at him and gave him a deadpan look. Really?

We all stood in place as we listened to the rhythmic thudding get closer and closer.

The culprit of the sound was revealed when the fossil of a triceratops slowly come to a stop opposite us, staring at us. My heart was in my mouth as I stared at its hollow eyes.

"That." Larry finalised.

"We'll just be down here if anyone needs us." Jedediah whispered from Atila's helmet, as he ducked down to safety. No one really registering as we all had fear plastered on our faces.

"We're not scared. It's more comfortable." Octavius said in addition to Jedediah's statement.

I passed Dexter over to sacagawea and stepped back over to Nicky and slipped my hand slowly into his. Breaking out of his trance he looked down at my hand in his and tightened his hand around mine sending me a nervous glance

"Lawrence, I think it's safe to say we're in trouble." I heard Teddy tell Larry making me break my gaze from Nick back to the huge fossil.

"Who knows maybe he's a sweetheart, like Rexy." I said optimistically with a slight waver in my voice. Nicky glancing at me seeing straight through my nerves, sending me a reassuring smile pulling me slightly closer with our intertwined hands.

Mr Daley walked over to the wall as he confidently said "I know how to handle the guy. You mind?" He turned to ask the bore head on the wall as he pointed to a long tusk on the wall display.

The bore hurriedly shook his head while snorting. "Thanks" Larry said giving Larry as he grabbed the long tusk of the wall and walk back into the middle of the hall.

"Dad, what are you doing?" Nicky asked his dad confused.

"He tamed Rexy remember." I whispered as I gave his hand a squeeze. 

"She's right you know you should listen to her more often." He whispered back to us. 

I sent Nicky a I told you so look to which he rolled his eyes.

My Daley turned back to the triceratops "Hi there, hi there." He said gently as he waved the tusk in front of him slightly. The triceratops gazing at the tusk in Mr Daley's hand. "I bet you're not so mean. Are you? Huh?" He said softly maintaining eye contact. 

"I bet you're not so mean" he said slightly louder. The triceratops seemed to be liking what Larry was saying as it affectionately tilted his head to the side. "No you're just a little puppy, right? You're just a little puppy who wants to play." He said as he waved the tusk as he spoke. 

"You wanna play huh? You wanna play, fetch?". Larry emphasised as the triceratops much to my surprise started whining like a puppy and wagging its huge bone tale and panting. 

"Yeah? You wanna play with this bone?" Larry playfully continued. 

"I have a bad feeling about this." I said quietly as a pit started to grow in my stomach. Nicky squeezed my hand in reassurance. 

"Ah yeah. Here you go. Go fetch. Go fetch!" He said as he threw the tusk over, which the dinosaur caught easily in its mouth. Mr Daley looked over at Nick and they traded smiles which didn't last long as Mr Daley turned back round the fossil broke the tusk into pieces. 

I gasped lightly and grabbed Nick's arm with my other hand. 

"Lawrence?" Teddy asked fearfully. "Yeah?" Mr Daley replied quietly not taking his eyes off the beast in front of him.

"May I suggest a different plan?" Teddy said nervously. "What?" Larry replied still staring. Just as he did the fossil let out a mighty roar of fury shaking the room. 

"RUNNN!" 

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨