✨ CHAPTER 5 - TOTALLY DIFFERENT LEGAL SYSTEM ✨

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Delilah's POV 

So, after a couple hours of sleep the guys came and picked me up from the hotel. Currently, myself and Nicky have been squeezed into the passenger seat, together. Myself between Nick and the door. Mr Daley was in the driver's seat of the museum van. We quickly made our way to the British museum. 

"Dad, what's the plan here, anyway?" he said with minimal body movement. 

"When the tablet brings Ahkmenrah to life, he's going to sneak us in. Now both of you get down." he said in an unbothered tone, to the both of us, as he indicated right, to go into the museum. 

Nick and I shared a confused look then simultaneously turned to him and said "What?" in genuine confusion. 

"Just get down! Come on guys. Part of the adventure." He said hurriedly moving his hand signalling us to hide. 

"What, gymnastics?" I said, sarcasm flooding my voice, as Nick and I got ourselves situated in front of the seat, out of sight. Mr Daley gave me a look. 

"Shutting up, now." I said, facing back to Nick, who smiled in amusement.

Nick's back was to the passenger door, mine was to Larry so we were facing each other. Now was definitely not the time to make each other laugh so I averted my gaze. 

I felt the van come to a stop and heard the aggressive sliding of a window panel. 

"Hello, Welcome to the British Museum. My name's Tilly." I heard a woman's voice say. 

"Hi, thank you. I'm Larry Daley from Natural History, New York." Mr Daley said. 

"Yeah, yeah..." Tilly the woman said her name was said in a slightly dopy way. 

"I got a delivery...for your conservation department." Mr Daley continued looking over then  handing over the slip my uncle signed. 

"Alright. So they let you travel?" Tilly said in what seemed to be genuine curiosity. 

"This is kind of unusual." Mr Daley said. I could already tell she was going to make this much longer than it had to be. 

"Well they let me travel. You know where?" She said, starting to piss me off, I mean we have a job to get done here and not a lot of time to do it. 

"No." Mr Daley said in a polite tone. I would've told her to shut up by now. 

"Home. Here. Home. Back here. Off to the toot-toot. Five minutes maximum." she said with quite a serious tone. 

Mr Daley gave her a nervous laugh. 

"So that must be well wicked being a security guard in America. With your gun, with your silencer, with your ninja swords." she said excitedly.