Chapter 3

Izuku woke up one day, just a couple weeks after his first day of school. He and Toru had become fast friends, and had also been practically inseparable. But now it was the weekend so neither of them had school. He sat up and looked to the table next to his bed. On it were pictures of him and his mom that she sent Shota, who then printed them for him.

Izuku: "I wish I could've known her. Uncle Shota did say she was adopted. I wonder who my grandma was."

Scarab: 'We may never know.'

Izuku sighed and nodded before he heard something, or rather someone, talking in the living room.

???: "So, Aizawa. I heard you've taken in a child. May we seen him?"

Shota: "Sure. Just give me a second sir."

After a few seconds the door to his room opened to reveal his uncle standing there.

Shota: "Kid, get dressed. My coworkers want to meet you."

Izuku: "Why?"

The man shrugged and closed the door, walking back to the guests. Izuku then got out of bed and got dressed. Then he walked out to the living room to see four people, two of which he recognized. Nezu, principal of UA, All Might, the number one hero, and two others. One was a man with long blond hair, sunglasses, and a mustache, and the other was a woman with blue eyes and dark purple hair.

Izuku: "U-uh. Hi!"

Suddenly the woman walked over and started messing with his face.

???: "Aww! Look at this cutie! Those freckles are just perfect! And your eyes are such a beautiful shade of green!"

She then stopped, backed up, and cleared her throat.

???: "Sorry. I'm Nemuri Kayama, okay? You might know me as Midnight."

She then motioned to the other man.

Kayama: "This here his Hizashi Yamada, also known as Present Mic."

Mic: "I can introduce myself Kayama!"

Kayama: "Yeah but if you did you would've gotten loud."

Then the small rodent known as Nezu walked over and Izuku bent down to greet him.

Izuku: "Hi Mr. Nezu!"

Nezu chuckled.

Nezu: "You know me already?"

Shota: "He finds your papers on quirks and quirk discrimination very interesting."

The rodent chuckled once more as he noticed Izuku's face go red.

Izuku: "Uncle Shota!"

This got a laugh out of everyone, minus Shota. The booming laugh of All Might was heard, then his coughing. Suddenly a large amount of steam filled the room. Once it cleared, All Might was now a skeleton of a man.

Izuku: "What happened!?"

All Might: "-cough- Don't be alarmed. It's simply a time limit that I just met."

Izuku: "Time limit? But you're All Might!"

All Might: "Yes, and I'm also in my fifties. Age does this to people. -cough-"

Izuku didn't see the small amount of blood the man wiped from his mouth. He then walked over to the boy and stuck his hand out.

All Might: "Nice to meet you Young..?"

Izuku: "Midoriya. Izuku Midoriya. Nice to meet you too!"

He then shook the man's hand. He felt something wet, when he looked at it, he saw blood on All Might's hand.

Scarab: 'Familial DNA detected. Scanning. Grandmother, Nana Shimura. Preserved consciousness detected. Copying, downloading, running. Have a good life, Izuku.'

Nana: 'What the hell?'

Izuku then screamed and fell in surprise, both from the blood and the new voice in his head. Shota then ran over to Izuku and crouched down next to him. Izuku then looked at All Might.

Izuku: "Why do you have my Grandma's DNA?"

All Might looked confused.

All Might: "What?"

Izuku: "Scarab, my quirk. It said you had familial DNA, my grandma's. It said her name was Nana Shimura. Why do you have her DNA? Why as there blood on your hand?"

Nana: 'Is that, Toshi?'

Izuku: *Yelling* "Why is she in my head!?"

Suddenly, everything went black for the boy. When he awoke, he was in a dark place. He could feel the ground, but he couldn't see it as it was the same color as everything else.

Nana: "So, you're my grandson, eh?"

Izuku turned to face the voice to see a woman with black hair in a ponytail, a black sleeveless bodysuit, a red waist cloth, and a white cape.

Izuku: "A-are you N-nana?"

She nodded.

Izuku: "Then I guess I-I am. What happened?"

Nana: "From what I could gather, your quirk sensed me within Toshi and copied me. How it did it I have no clue."

Izuku then walked over to her.

Izuku: "Toshi, isn't that what you called All Might?"

Nana: "All Might? THAT'S his hero name!? Hah! Damn, now I owe Torino dinner!"

Izuku: "U-um. W-what do you want me to call you?"

She looked at him confused.

Nana: "What do you mean?"

Izuku: "Well you don't really k-know me, s-so I t-thought you might n-not like me calling y-you grandma."

She smiled and sat down, patting a spot next to her, where he then sat too.

Nana: "Look, Izuku. You're partially right, I don't know you all that well. But what I do know is that while I never got to raise my own children, I damn well want to watch you grow up. You're still my family, so please do call me grandma, you got that?"

She looked at him and noticed the tears flowing down his face. Before she could ask him what was wrong, he hugged her.

Izuku: "Thank you! You have no idea how much this means to me!"

She chuckled and rubbed his head.

Nana: "Actually, I do. I can sense how you feel considering I'm technically your quirk now."

Izuku then sat back up and rubbed his eyes.

Izuku: "Speaking of which, where are we?"

Nana: "Your subconscious. That's the best way to describe it. I'll wake you up now."

Izuku: "Okay. Love you!"

Nana smiled.

Nana: "We can still talk but sure. Love you too."

Then it went dark again. Izuku was happy, he finally met another part of his family.