Chapter 5

Izuku and Toru walked up to the gates of their future school, excitement gleaming in their eyes and forcing their mouths into smiles. Why wouldn't they be excited? Today was the UA entrance exams after all. They looked at each other and nodded before sprinting past the other examinees, who were walking as they weren't late.

As they walked inside, a woman at a desk gave them cards, when they looked at them they noticed their names, seat numbers, and exam grounds were on the cards. As they found their seats, Izuku noticed something.

Izuku: "Aw man. We have different exam areas!"

Toru then looked at both cards.

Toru: "What!? Oh come on! I was hoping we could try that combo move!"

Izuku: "Me too. Guess it'll have to wait until hero training."

Nana: 'Heads up Izuku. Looks like it's starting.'

Izuku: "Hagakure, it's starting."

The two then faced forward to see a man with tall blond hair, sunglasses, and a speaker around his neck at the podium.

Izuku: "It's Mic!"

Present Mic: "HELLO HELLO! WELCOME TO THE UA ENTRANCE EXAMS EVERYONE! WHICH ARE TO BE HOSTED BY YOURS TRULY, YOUR FAVORITE RADIO HOST, PRESENT MIC! CAN I GET A HELL YEAH!?"

Izuku: *Yelling* "Hell Yeah!"

Present Mic then shot finger guns at him.

Present Mic: "AT LEAST ONE OF YOU HAS SOME ENERGY! NOW LET'S BEGIN!"

The man on stage then went on to talk about the exam, though Izuku had realized all of the information was in the pamphlet that was in everyone's seats. Izuku had also begun to mutter, mostly over possible outcomes of the exam. Suddenly a voice was heard.

???: "And you in the unkempt hair! Your muttering is distracting, if you insist on being here I suggest you start taking this seriously!"

Toru: "Excuse me, but him muttering about this exam shows how dedicated he is! And I could barely hear him, which means you had to TRY to pick him out! You're the one who's not taking this seriously!"

Mic: "THANK YOU GLASSES KID AND SHOTA'S NEPHEW'S FRIEND! NOW AS I WAS GETTING TOO, THE FOURTH ROBOT IS WORTH ZERO POINTS, NOTHING, NADDA, ZILCH. ITS AN OBSTACLE! NOW WOULD YOU ALL KINDLY MAKE YOUR WAYS YOUR DESIGNATED AREAS!?"

Izuku, Toru, and every other examinee in the large auditorium stood up and walked towards the exit. They eventually met a cross roads that led in three different directions. Before they separated, Izuku spoke up.

Izuku: "Thanks for that Hagakure."

She patted his back and started walking away.

Toru: "What are friends for? See ya later Midoriya!"

Izuku: "See you Hagakure!"

They waved as they went their separate ways. Izuku and many others eventually made their way to a large, walled off, training ground. Izuku noticed the guy with glasses bothering a girl with purple hair and headphone jacks on her ears about trying to talk to other examinees. He walked up and placed his hand on the boy's shoulder.

Izuku: "Hey man. Maybe you should worry about yourself rather than others. You're sacrificing your own prep time to stop other people from socializing. Talking is probably a way to keep her nerves down."

???: "But it's distracting to the others!"

Izuku: "And if they have a problem with it, they can tell her to stop. This is an entrance exam for a hero school, we can all handle ourselves."

The boy, shocked at Izuku's sound logic, walked away without another word. Then the girl spoke up.

???: "Thanks dude. I'm Kyoka Jirou."

She stuck out her hand and Izuku shook it.

Izuku: "Izuku Midoriya, no problem. I was the one he called out earlier too. I'm grateful my friend stood up for me."

Jirou: "What happened to 'we can handle ourselves.'?"

Izuku chuckled.

Izuku: "Eh, tiny bluff to get him out of your hair."

She laughed, then another voice was heard.

Present Mic: "ALRIGHT EVERYONE! THE EXAM WILL START IN JUST A FEW SECONDS! 3!"

Izuku noticed the gate to the fake city start to open. Nana sent nanotech to his feet to create thrusters.

Nana: 'You sure you don't want the full suit?'

Izuku: 'I'm saving that for real training.'

He then rocketed off towards the gates.

Random Guy: *Yelling* "He's cheating!"

Present Mic: "NO HE'S NOT! THERE'S NO COUNTDOWN IN A REAL BATTLE! GO GO GO!"

Izuku called on Nana who then used the tech to bring out the escrima sticks. Izuku spied a group of robots and changed course to head towards it. Once he was close he wound back his arm and then swung at the first robot, his velocity and force of the swing sending it across the street broken and deactivated. He then landed and attached the sticks at the non-shock ends, creating the staff.

Izuku swung the staff at another robot, crushing it's head, then he pulled the staff backwards, making the other end hit a robot in the chest and frying it's circuits with the shock. He then then lifted the staff up and slammed it's bottom end into the ground, releasing a large amount of electricity and frying nearby robots that came as back up.

Izuku: "Thank you for that upgrade grandma."

Nana: 'You're welcome. Now keep going!'

The staff retracted back into the Scarab and Izuku took off in a random direction to keep looking for more robots.

---

Izuku was sitting in the apartment two weeks later, the concussion from a fall piece of debris finally fading. He had gotten hit once the staff had unleashed the Zero Pointer and Nana had basically forced him to retreat before he got hurt anymore. Now, however, he was viewing a holographic video from UA.

Nezu: "Izuku Midoriya, I am proud to tell you this. Welcome to your hero academia!"