𝟎𝟎𝟔; ʀᴇᴀssᴜʀᴀɴᴄᴇ

"YOU BELONG TO ME, Kaz Rietveld." The words were soft Harrison whispered his name just for him to hear but they hit like a hammer.

Kaz felt his blood run cold as his true name was spoken. The club fell silent as Kaz grabbed Harrison by the collar, his grip tight and unforgiving.

"How? How do you know that name?" Kaz demanded, his loud enough just for Harrison to here them.

Harrison simply laughed, his dark eyes sparkling with mischief. He gave Kaz a charming smile, daring him to try and uncover his secret.

"That is for me to know, and for you to try and fail to find out." Harrison replied, his voice dripping with confidence at the same time as dangerous as a serpent's hiss.

He knew that Harrison was hiding something, and Kaz was determined to find out what it was. For in the world of the Barrel, secrets could mean the difference between life and death.

Yet the danger was not over yet. Harrison leaned forward, his breath hot on Kaz's ear as he whispered a warning.

"Behave Little Bird, don't forget you are mine, and it is best if you behave for your sake." Harrison warned.

Kaz knew better than to make an enemy of Harrison. He released his grip on Harrison's collar, and the two men stood face to face, Harrison a bit taller than Kaz. The air was thick with tension as they locked eyes, each daring the other to make a move.

"Such a good boy." Harrison hummed, his voice laced with condescension. "I'll be back in a few days, Mother and I are attending the Winter Fete. When I get back, I expect better behavior from you, Birdy."

With that, Harrison sent him a charming smile and turned on his heel, leaving the Crow Club in a frenzy of whispers and speculation. Kaz watched him go, his fists clenched with rage. For in the world of the Barrel, danger lurked around every corner, and the slightest misstep could mean the end of everything.

"I'm going to kill him." Kaz swore, his voice low and full of venom.

But even as he spoke the words, Kaz knew that Harrison was a force to be reckoned with. He could feel the weight of Harrison's power bearing down on him, like a storm cloud on the horizon. So Kaz was left alone in the crowded club, with nothing but his fear and his fury to keep him company.

Harrison just smiled as he walked through Ketterdamn, his new plaything is quite entertaining.

As Harrison made it to an alleyway he disappeared into the shadows, and reemerged elsewhere.

As Harrison walked into the dining room, he was greeted by the sigh of Death, meticulously placing dishes on the table.

Harrison watched as Death placed a dish in front of him. The aroma of the dish filled his nostrils, and his mouth watered at the sight of the Bouillabaisse, a dish fit for royalty. He tore his gaze away from the dish to meet his mother's gaze, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Harrison, sit." Judith said, gesturing to the seat next to her and Harrison obliged.

Death stood silently by the side, a looming figure in his dark robes. Death was always present, watching and waiting on them.

As they began to eat, Harrison savored the rich flavors of the Bouillabaisse, his taste buds exploding with each bite. He looked up to see Death still standing motionless, a silent observer to their meal.

"I hear you have a new plaything." Judith said, breaking the silence. Harrison knew exactly who she was referring to Kaz Brekker, the Bastard of the Barrel, a notorious criminal who had recently caught Harrison's attention.