𝟎𝟏𝟎; ᴇʟᴅʀɪᴛᴄʜ ᴀʙᴏᴍɪɴᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

THE AIR IN THE Darkling's office was thick with tension as Judith stood before him, her gaze locked onto his.

The stillness was palpable, broken only by the faint sound of their breathing. The room was dimly lit, casting long shadows across the walls and floor, adding to the ominous atmosphere.

The Darkling himself was an imposing figure, towering over Judith with an air of power and authority. His dark cloak hung around him like a shroud, and his piercing gaze seemed to penetrate her very soul. Judith, for her part, held her ground, her eyes blazing with a fiery determination that matched the intensity of the Darkling's stare.

As they stood there, the silence between them grew more and more oppressive, like a storm brewing on the horizon. The air crackled with an electric energy, and the very walls seemed to tremble with the weight of their unspoken words.

It was a standoff, a battle of wills, and neither of them was willing to back down. The tension was dangerous, like a sword hanging over their heads, ready to fall at any moment.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the Darkling spoke, his voice low and menacing. But even as he spoke, the tension remained, like a coiled snake ready to strike.

This was a moment that would be etched into their memories forever, a moment of power and danger, of darkness and light, of two beings locked in a battle of wills that could have only one outcome.

"Who are you?" The Darkling demanded.

Judith just smiled, as she and the world around him falls away into something else.

Above him, a rift began to form, a tear in the very fabric of reality. It yawned open like a dark abyss, causing an eerie feeling of something viscerally wrong. The Darkling's heart raced as he gazed upon the rift, knowing that it was a harbinger of dark things to come.

The rift was pitch black inside, a void where nothing could be seen or escape. But this time, something was different. As the Darkling watched in terror, he saw the darkness receding, replaced by a toxic green hue that spread like a noxious gas.

The sight of the green light filled the Darkling with dread, for he knew that the rift was a portal to a world of unspeakable horrors. He could feel the evil emanating from it, and he knew that he must escape before it was too late.

Yet try as he might, the Darkling could not move. His legs felt like lead, and his body was frozen in place by a nameless fear. He could only watch in horror as the rift grew wider, its sickly green light filling the air around him like a noxious fog. In that moment, the Darkling knew that he was truly alone, trapped in a world where the darkness would consume him.

From the rift emerged a creature that left the Darkling awestruck, his heart beating with a mix of fear and wonder. It was an eldritch abomination, a being that defied description, both beautiful and terrifying in equal measure.

The creature took the form of a woman, her appearance both ethereal and otherworldly. She seemed to have stepped out of a dream, her features too perfect to be real. Her skin was as pale as moonlight, and her eyes glowed with an otherworldly radiance. Her long, snowy white hair cascaded around her like a shimmering veil, each strand moving with a fluid grace that suggested she was more air than flesh.

As she stepped closer, the Darkling could see that her hair was not made of ordinary strands, but rather of a thousand tiny stars, each one glowing with a soft, pulsing light. They floated around her like mist, each one a breath of life that danced in the air.

The creature's beauty was both captivating and terrifying, for the Darkling knew that she was not of this world. Her very presence seemed to warp reality, causing the air to shimmer and twist around her like a mirage. And yet, despite her otherworldly nature, there was a strange familiarity to her, as if he had known her in a past life, or perhaps in a dream.