[5] the festival

e.

it's the day of the festival, everyone's up and getting ready. we got dre her artist pass and she's really excited.

we spoke and she's happy about staying here, thankfully.

she wouldn't be able to leave anyways, i know absolutely everything about that girl down to her great grandmas birthday and when she died.

you could say i'm a bit psychotic but, i just think i'm nosey.

"dre are you ready?" i ask as i knock on her bedroom door. "yes" she replies.

i open the door to see her in a normal festival outfit but she looks fucking amazing.

"you look- good" i tell her. "thanks" she smiles. first time i've seen her genuine smile.

"let's go" i say.

everyone hops in their cars and follows me to the festival. dre's with me.

we finally get there and show the people at the front our passes and they get someone to take us through the artist entry.

"where are we going?" dre asks. "backstage" i tell her.

we get backstage and we find our friends green room, zachery.

"hey zach" i say as we all enter.

dre looks on edge.

"dre" i say and move my head in the direction of the door and stand up to leave. she follows behind.

we reach an empty room and i lock the door behind us.

"you look distressed. what's wrong?" i ask.

she stays silent.

i snap my fingers. "name"

"dre"

"why are you on edge?" i ask.

"ni'jah. she'll remember me" she says.

"hm. what if she doesn't?" i ask.

"she will. i went into a trance and fucking bit her. she's not gonna forget someone who bit her" she rolls her eyes.

"come on dre. you'll be fine. ni'jah gives people second chances" i say.

"remember, you're a warrior. you're strong. don't let this down your mood" i say and give her a hug.

we leave out the room and back into the green room.

i don't know what it is, but when i snap my fingers, she just falls into a trance and spills every thought on her mind.

i like it. i love the power i have over her.

"it's time for me to perform. y'all watching?" zach says. "of course" we all say.

d.

"whens ni'jah on?" i ask cricket. "she's on after this set" she replies.

we're right at the front, past barricade because we have special passes.

"thank you!" the artist says and runs off stage.

it's dark out and ni'jahs the last set. i cant wait.

her intro begins and i completely flip.

"who's your favourite artist?" a voice plays. "ni'jah"

i begin to scream and jump around, eva watching me with a smile.

this is the best night of my life.

///

ni'jah just finished and we're backstage now, for the little after party.

a familiar voice catches my ear and i turn around to see the one and only ni'jah.

"oh my god" i say. eva looks at me.

"what?" she says.

"ni'jah"

"it's okay, just be normal" eva reassures, placing her hand on my thigh.

instant butterflies.

i see ni'jah walk over to us because we're with a few other artists, she says hi to everyone and catches my eye.

she smiles and goes over to zach. she whispers something in his ear making him look at me.

is my idol literally shit talking me right now?!

"dre, come talk with me" ni'jah says and stands up.

"she- she knows me??" i say to eva, she shrugs and i get up to follow ni'jah.

we go outside the room, i'm trying so so hard to stay calm right now.

"so, you're the one who bit me" she says with a smile.

"yeah- i- uh- sorry bout that" i say feeling my face go red.

"i was in a complete trance- your my literal idol. my mind went weird and i thought someone had a tray of chocolates out infront of me so i went to bite into one and- uhm-" i say.

"i see. you know the entire internet is trying to find out who it is" she laughs. "yeah"

"it's fine. i guess since you never purposely done it, you're cute too" she smiles.

"can we get a picture?" i ask. "obviously" ni'jah says. we take picture.

"i don't know how i'm not freaking out right now. i'm literally obsessed with you" i truthfully tell her.

she laughs a little before telling me we should go back in.

I JUST SPOKE TO NI'JAH? WTF?

///

e.

"dre we need to go" i say.

"no" she huffs.

"yes"

"no"

"dre i swear to god" i say getting frustrated.

i grab her arm and pull her out the room. "no!" she yells. "yes dre we're leaving" i tell her.

she abruptly stops. oh my fucking god.

i pick her up and walk out to the car, ignoring her kicks and yells. she's really fucking drunk.

eventually dre passes out in the car.

i carry her inside and carry her to bed. i quickly change her into her sleep clothes and tuck her in.

she's still passed out.

"night love" i say and kiss her forehead before leaving the room.

i head up to my counselling room and grab dre's file.

it has all her information on it. i've been stalking her for a while. how could i not?

she's so beautiful, i seen her one day at the strip club, dancing up on the stage. i couldn't take my eyes off her, so, i followed her home and ever since i stalked her.

i sent cricket out to get her that day they met at the gas station.

i want her.

(a/n): plot twist?!?!?!

y'all liking it so far??

- leila