5 Everything alright?

The next morning the first thing I felt was Roman's lips on my shoulder blade. With a smile, I thoroughly enjoyed his touch. But the moment was cut short when his phone began to ring. Groaning, he turned away from me to get out of bed to look for his phone.

I turned to see him standing with his naked backside to the bed, searching in the pocket of the jeans he had worn last night. I couldn't help but smirk. That sight was really something.

Roman answered the call before sitting back down on the bed. I slid a little close to him and started stroking his back while more or less listening to what he was saying.

"Hello? Yes, that's right.... I don't know... In a few hours probably... No, it's not my problem, I told you to take everything with you, didn't I?.... Fine, then come over tonight.... Bye." he said irritated.

After he hung up he sighed deeply. I knew immediately that he was a little tense. Only I had no idea why.

"Everything alright?" I asked gently.

"Good morning, baby girl. Yes, of course. I'm sorry if I woke you up. That was just my ex. She's been bugging me for days about when she can come over to get her last shit out of my house. But that's not important." he explained as he lay back in bed with me.

Carefully he pulled me to his chest. Slowly his fingertips wandered down my spine, but I sensed his mind was somewhere else.

"So your ex... Um...can I ask how long.... so how long you guys have been separated?" I asked as I started to panic a little.

The last thing I wanted was to get involved in a breakup. I didn't want to be someone's revenge or anything like that.

"A few weeks, but we hadn't had much to say to each other for a long time before that. She couldn't handle my work and the travel that came with it. Or at least that's what she told me. She wanted me to be home more. But I think it was just an excuse because she is jealous beyond belief.

I'm sorry. I guess this probably seems pretty ridiculous to you right now. But I can promise you that I don't have feelings for her anymore. Otherwise I would never have met with you. Okay?" he explained as he put his hand to my face so I had to look at him.

"That's okay, I guess. I mean, we all have a past. And you don't owe me an explanation," I replied.

"Maybe not, but it's-" he began until there was a sudden loud knock on the door.

"Come on, Roman. We're late. Move your ass. If you can fuck all night, you can go to the gym too." A loud voice called out before a teasing chuckle could be heard.

"I'm gonna kill him!" growled Roman, jumping out of bed and quickly wrapping a sheet around his hips before stomping to the door and yanking it open.

"What the hell is wrong with you, you dumbass! Couldn't you just call?" asked Roman of the man at the door.

"It was occupied. And if you and your little girlfriend are already keeping us all from sleeping, I might as well come over and get you!" the other replied.

I would have loved to disappear into a hole in the ground in shame. I quickly climbed out of bed and looked for my clothes. This was so embarrassing. And from the sound of it, I knew exactly what everyone would think of me. They probably thought I was some crazy fan who just wanted to get into the pants of a famous person. A groupie like it was written in the books. 

I got dressed when Roman ended the conversation and came back into the room. It took me a moment to get all my clothes together.

"What are you doing?" he asked, confused.

"I need to get out of here. This is so embarrassing. I'm..I'm not usually the type to do this. I don't know what's gotten into me. And now I'm probably just one of many you can joke about with your friends." I babbled as anxiety rose inside me.

"Hey, hey, hey! Calm down! It's not like that! And you have nothing to be ashamed of. And you're definitely not one of many. Because I don't usually do that either. I promise you that, Cassia." he replied as he stood in front of me and then took my hands in his.

"Promise?" I asked with a sigh.

"I promise. I have to get ready now. But you can stay here and order breakfast if you want. The last thing I want is for you to feel bad." Roman then said.

"That's okay...I should go. It was nice to meet you, Roman." I replied standing on my tiptoes to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"Cassia, wait." he then said as I grabbed my bag and was almost at the door.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I haven't even given you my number yet. Give me your phone. Please...." he replied, sounding almost a little desperate.

I searched in my bag for my phone and handed it to him. I watched as he typed in his number and then saved it. He handed it back to me with a relieved smile.

"Call me when you get home, okay? I want to be sure everything is alright. Or call me tonight if you need more time. But please don't ignore me." he said as he put his big hand to my neck.

I looked up at him and nodded. He seemed to be serious. That's why I decided to trust him. Although I had a few doubts, he quickly wiped them away as he leaned down to me. His lips touched mine gently. Then he gave me a kiss on the forehead before I left the hotel room and made my way home.

I tried to ignore the uneasy feeling I had in my stomach. What I couldn't ignore though were the many eyes that followed me all the way out of the hotel.