40 Preparing everything

Roman POV

"All right, Buttercup. Let Daddy check the list to make sure we have everything," I said to Cosima as I pushed the cart with her in it and the groceries through the aisles of the grocery store toward the checkout counters.

Cosima loved it here. She never got tired of looking at everything and pointing at things she knew what they were called. It was like that everywhere, she loved to tell us exactly what she could see. And our little girl was so proud of herself every time she said the right name.

"Dada, list..." she repeated before taking a big sip from her bottle.

Now it could be any day that Cassia would give birth. Therefore, we were just preparing everything for the arrival of our baby. My mother-in-law would be with us in a few hours. She was going to stay with us in the house until the baby arrived and for a few days afterwards to help us with Cosi.

Right now it was my job to get all the things we would need for the next while. Cassia wanted to join us, but I thought it was better for her to rest. When we left the house, she was lying on the sofa with Buttons cuddled against her neck while both were already fast asleep.

"Looks like we have everything. Let's head home to Mama and Buttons then. Your grandma will be there soon too." I said to my daughter.

"See Mama." she replied.

---------------

Fortunately, it was a slow day. Therefore, the checkout was quick and the trip home didn't take long either. That was good, I didn't want to leave my wife alone any longer than necessary.

Once home, I took Cosima out of her car seat and put her on my shoulders. She held onto my ears as I first took the bag of groceries out of the trunk and then made my way to the door.

We went inside and immediately saw that Cassia and Butt-Butt were still lying there just as we had left them.

"Shh..." went Cosi and I knew how she held her tiny index finger over her mouth.

It made me chuckle. She was so cute. We quickly went into the kitchen and put everything in its designated place before heading upstairs. I freshened up my daughter before I freshened up too. Then we went back downstairs. I put the little one on the floor, but immediately she climbed onto the sofa to snuggle up with her mommy. 

Cosima put one of her hands on Cassia's belly and waited to feel anything. I knew she noticed something because immediately a big grin spread across her face.

It didn't take long for her mommy to open her eyes and look at her little angel. She was still a little sleepy, but the happy, content expression on her face was there nonetheless.

"Hi my loves. Back already?" she asked tiredly.

"Yes for a few minutes now. How was your nap?" I replied as I walked over to her and leaned down to give her a kiss.

"Great. But now the baby seems to be awake again. Hi my Cosi! Were you out and about with daddy?" she said as she smiled at me before smoothing Cosima's hair.

"Yes! Got snack's." replied the little one.

"Really? I hope you got everything else too." Cassia laughed at her daughter's enthusiasm.

"Yeah, we got everything. What do you think about a snack? I brought you Egg Bites." wanted to know.

"Uh yes please. Cosi? Do you want a snack too?" she asked her.

"Yes please." the little girl said and clapped her hands which woke Buttons up now too. 

Our dog lady scrambled over the pillows to Cosima and snuggled up to her. The two of them were really the best of friends. It was sweet to see the two of them together. And it was really cute when Elliott was there too.

"Who's that Cosi?" I heard Cassia ask as I made my way to the kitchen to get my ladies their snack.

"Baby." she replied.

"That's right. Pretty soon you'll be able to hold your brother in your arms, angel." her mommy explained to her.

"Ray-Ray!" said Cosi, poking the spot on Cassia's bump where she could see her little brother's foot.

"Cosima will be the best big sister." I heard my wife say.

She sounded so proud that Cosi already knew who her brother was and that she already had a nickname for him.

And just like them, I could hardly wait to meet my son.