27 Photograph

Roman POV

"Baby girl? Do you want to come to the arena right now, or do you want to rest a bit more?" I asked as I stood at the door to the bathroom of our hotel room.

Finally Cassia felt well enough to join me more whenever her work schedule allowed it. I couldn't imagine anything better than having her here with me. Even though I knew we were both missing Buttons. Our little lady spent the week with Mom, who spoiled her a lot lately. Mom loved animals more than anything and I wondered why she didn't get herself a dog. Maybe I would give her one too. Because I knew that there could hardly be a better place for a dog. And maybe it was the solution so that Mom would not always kidnap our dog.

"I'll come with you. You said you had a photo shoot today and I don't want to miss it." she said as she came out of the bathroom.

"That's right...you know...that's something we should do together sometime too. It sure would be nice to have some professional photos of us." I replied as I pulled her into my arms and gave her a kiss on the nose.

Her baby bump had grown a lot in the last few weeks. Finally our baby was showing to the whole world and I couldn't have been prouder. Every chance I got, I rested my hand on her belly. I waited every day to finally feel the first movements. And I knew that Cassia felt the same way.

"That's a great idea. Maybe we should wait until my belly is a little bigger though. Then we'll have a good reason to capture it." she said with beaming eyes.

"Nope...we can do it again and again. I want to capture every moment for us," I replied.

---------------

"Okay Roman, a few more and we'll be good." said the photographer.

I posed, but couldn't help but keep looking over at Cassia. She was standing behind the spotlights along with Tamina, watching me closely. Again and again her hands slowly stroked her bump. She had a contented smile on her lips. Whenever I saw that special smile I fell even more in love with her and could hardly wait to see what would come next.

Although I already knew what would happen in two weeks. We had decided that on this occasion, the halfway point of the pregnancy, we would have the gender reveal party. And I couldn't wait to find out what we were going to have. However, I had a feeling.

In addition, I have never been the most patient person in the world. There was so much I wanted to do.

"I think that's enough for today. Do you want to look at the photos?" he asked photographer a few minutes later.

"Not yet. Can you do me a favor? Take some pictures of me with my girl. Cassia baby girl? Will you please come join me?" I replied.

"Sure... I've got a few minutes." he replied with a grin as Cassia made her way through the lights and wires to me.

"What can I do for you, Ro?" she asked when she was finally with me.

"Come with me." said I, pulling her in front of the background.

"Smile, baby girl." I said as I looked into her somewhat surprised face.

The photographer immediately started taking photos of us. It took a moment for Cassia to get used to it, but then a bunch of photos came out that I was sure were adorable.

"Oh!" Cassia suddenly said when I had my hand on her belly.

She put her hand on mine and looked at me anxiously.

"So-something's wrong. I... I think we need to see a doctor. I feel weird." she said in a shaky voice.

"What's wrong? What do you mean?" I asked just as anxiously as memories immediately came flooding back to me.

"I don't know... But there's... there's this feeling." she replied as she was close to tears.

Immediately Tamina was with us. 

"Cassia what's wrong? Where does it hurt?" she asked.

"No pain, but..." she replied unable to explain what was wrong.

Instead she took Tamina's hand and put it on the part of her belly she meant.

"That's not good, is it? This can't be good!" she began to sob.

"Oh honey calm down. This is the best feeling in the world. Don't worry about it. It's the baby. Your baby is moving." said Tamina quickly to reassure Cassia.

"Are you sure?" asked me.

"Absolutely sure. It's a fluttering isn't it? Like little bubbles popping?" replied Tamina then.

Cassia nodded as she looked up at me. But her expression had already changed. Relief was now where seconds ago there was fear.

"My baby... Ro, do you feel that?" whispered Cassia so softly it was almost inaudible.

"Yes, I think so," I replied as I now paid close attention. It was the most delicate movement, but it was there.

"Hi baby." I said as I bent down and pressed a kiss to the spot where I had just felt the baby.

"I love you and baby Reigns. I told you everything was going to be okay and now the baby is letting you know it too." I then said as I hugged her as best I could.

"I love you too." she whispered against my neck as we just held each other.

This was such a unique moment. A gift we both needed so much after everything that had happened. And luckily for us, we would be able to remember this moment forever because the photographer immediately recognized how special this moment truly was and captured it in photos.