Chapter 4.

Wolf

"I'm sorry Victoria... My Parents, they were told that the client's Daughter was blackmailing them for money and other things, threatening to reveal who they were and what they do. I wasn't aware that the Clients were your Parents and the target, your Sister. I should've asked for the Target's folder containing their gathered info, it was my fault." Wolf explained the situation, recording a voice mail on her phone and sent it to Victoria since who wasn't replying to her messages.

Wolf was on her way back to her library, she needed a rest, but first she needs to resolve this. She's having quite a hard time because her thoughts are quite loud. As she made her way to her destination, she ran into a Maid she sent to take care of the Target.

"Ms. Priscilla, goodevening. Can you bring me tea in my office, and please take your time, no need to rush, thank you..." Wolf said to Ms. Priscilla. "I already brought tea to your office, young Master, you asked me to bring it to our Guest earlier, remember?" Ms. Priscilla softly said, worry written on her face. "Ah yes yes... I apologize." Wolf pinched the bridged of her nose and sighed.

"This is what you get for staying up late for the past few weeks, I told you work could wait. I may only be a couple years older than you but I am still older, you better get some rest tonight young lady!" Ms. Priscilla scolded Wolf, a hand on her hip and an index finger from her other hand pointed at Wolf. Wolf nodded. "Very good. Off you go now, your Guest needs company." Ms. Priscilla said, satisfied with Wolf's answer.

Wolf continued her way to her private library, or office. She knocked softly before entering, letting the Target know that she was about to enter. She turned the knob and gently closed it behind her. She sighed before she speaks. "Goodevening. I am so sorry for the events that happened today. I will proceed to explain everything in a moment, do make yourself comfortable. You must be scared, but I assure you, that you're perfectly safe here." Wolf explained as she wend to her desk, sat on her chair, pulled out a laptop from her desk drawer and did some typing and searching, she then pulled out an empty folder.

"I'm sorry for the wait, I just needed to print out your information and go through them." Wolf explained when she took a quick glance at the blonde girl who was watching what she was doing. "What are they for...?" The Blonde carefully asked. "You're our target, it's our job to..." Wolf looked at the girl, for a moment before continuing, hesitating. "...kill people our Clients payed us to kill. We also kidnap and interrogate if the Target has the info our Client needed or info that our Clients don't want getting leaked." She explained gently, not wanting to scare the Girl even more, but no matter how she says it, it's still gonna scare her...

Luckily, the Girl seemed to calm down a bit from her voice alone, Wolf isn't really loud when speaking, it's easy for her voice to get drowned out by a simple conversation, but her voice is cold and deadpan, she's always serious, if she raised her tone just a tiny bit, it's enough to stop people from talking and get them to listen to her without having to yell. "But... We only take down targets that are, a threat, has done crimes. People that are bad." Wolf explained further, in a simple manner.

"I'm not bad, I swear..." The Blonde Girl said in a shakey voice, lips trembling. "I know, you're just a college student that hasn't done anything bad in her life. It says so right here." Wolf said, as she started printing out the Blonde's info and putting them in the empty folder after. "What if that info is fake... How would you really know?" The Blonde asked, a bit brows furrowed in worry. "Unlikely, these informations are crucial, and I made sure that they are true, so did the person that I asked for them." Wolf replied calmly while putting the folder in her drawer.

"So, from what I've learned, you did nothing wrong. You were accused of blackmail, but that accusation is false. It seems that your Parents just wanted to get rid of you." Wolf explained to the Girl gently. The Girl looked away, trying to process what she was told, her eyes starting to water. "Ahem..." The Girl looked at Wolf, there was a worried look on Wolf's face, but it was gone in a blink, back to her expressionless face. "Do not be afraid, you're safe here. And your Sister, Victoria is on her way." Wolf said gently. The Girl just nodded, she looked hopeful, but still stressed, worried and also tired.

There was a knock on the door a few seconds later, and came in Ms. Priscilla, holding a pair of pants and a sweater. "Here you are, Miss Everett" Ms. Priscilla handed the clothes to Ellenore. "Thank you, Ma'am." Ellenore said, her voice soft, a bit rasp and tired. "Miss Everette, young Master, dinner is being served, and your Parents are awaiting your presence, both of you." Ms. Priscilla informed. She then turned and was headed to the door, but before she turned the knob, "Make your way there right away please, no more work for tonight, Master Wolf!" She said firmly, while looking at Wolf, and then turned and smiled at Ellenore before she left.

Wolf sighed, leaned back on her chair, pinching the bridge of her nose. After a few seconds, she got up slowly. And started walking towards the door but then stopped and turned to the Blonde Girl. "Can you walk?" She asked, her voice expressionless. "Yes..." The Girl replied in almost a whisper. "Very good. You should change first, I will wait for you outside." Wolf said, gently closing the door as she went out.

She stood outside, arms behind her back. She checked her clothes, her suit seems fine. She took off her suit jacket, rolled up her sleeves and tucked her shirt in her pants, fixed her collar, folded her jacket in half and draped them on her forearm. After a few more minutes, the Girl finally opened the door, and they headed to the dining room. Wolf carefully keeping an eye out for the Girl in case she falls. The Girl walks slow, which worries Wolf. She's weak.

When they arrived at the dining room, everyone perked up and straightened in their seats. "Hello my Darling! And miss Everett, I apologize for what happened earlier today..." The Woman at sitting at the head of the table got up and excitedly welcomed them and apologized sincerely. "Please come, come sit, you must be hungry!" The Woman said excitedly as she took Ellenore's hands in hers and lead them to a seat at the table. "There you go Dear, you both sit near me, oh how exciting-" She said as she pulled out a chair on her right, next to her and gently pushed Wolf towards it, gesturing that she wants her Daughter to sit next to her and Ellenore next to Wolf.

"Hold on a minute, Darlings!" The Woman said excitedly, she didn't even let the Maids do their job and grabbed two plates meant for Wolf and Ellenore from the stainless catering cart. "Here you are, Dear! This is my own steak recipe!" The Woman said as she served Ellenore her dinner "Also the mashed potatoes, you can eat them on their own because of how delicious these mashed potatoes are, no gravy needed, but here, have gravy if you like- oh and we'll bring in extra food if you'd like to eat more-" She said excitedly, failing to noticing her Husband and Son whispering to each other and laughing.

The large bearded man who sat across from Wolf and turned to her. "I've never seen your Mother this excited, not after your Sister brought Victoria here for dinner!" He whispered and let out a warm laugh after, the man next to him laughing with him. Wolf just furrowed her brows at him and turned her attention back to her Mother, who was still busy talking to the Blonde Girl about her recipes. Wolf sighs before she speaks. "Mother." She called out to her Mother.

Getting her attention for s second before getting distracted and continues talking to the Girl. "Mother." She called out again. "Yes Dear?" Her Mother replies who was standing beside Ellenore, with a warm smile on her face. Wolf gave her a look. "Oh you're right! Where are my manners!" She gasped, bringing a hand near her mouth. "I am Cassandra." Cassandra introduced herself, holding Ellenore's hand in hers with a warm smile, like she's finally met someone she's been so excited to meet for years.