ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

Millie's lips perk together as she closely applies her lipstick in the bathroom mirror. She makes her way to the bed, her black dress layout out perfectly. Millie slips it on elegantly. She smiles as she pulls her straps over her shoulders.

She brushes down her dress, making sure it is fitted to perfection. She looks at herself in her full-length mirror, and she turns, checking the back of the dress.

Millie smiles as she brushes a strand of hair behind her ears. She grabs a pair of heels, the black ones, her favourite. It compliments the dress so well.

She grabs a pair of earrings, and she has many to choose from, but the pair Luke bought her are a favourite amongst her friends. Diamond earrings, no doubt costing a deep hole in his wallet.

Millie struggles to choose a coat from her wardrobe. Her hand glides off many options, but in the end, she chooses the slim fitted black fur, in case it's too cold for any other of her less suitable coats.

She looks down at her phone as it rings.

"Hello, Luke?"

"Come on, move your piece of shit car!" The voice says.

Millie moves the phone away from her ear, the sound of car alarms, horns, and heavy rain overtaking his voice.

"Hello, Millie?" He asks.

"Yeah, Luke, can you hear me?" Asks Millie.

"Yeah, babe, listen. I'm stuck in traffic," he continues, "there has been a crash. I'm about twenty or thirty minutes away."

Millie rolls her eyes, her hand running around her bed sheets. She lays down on her pillow as she makes herself comfortable.

"Millie, you go ahead, Heather is already there with Mike," he continues, "I'll be there soon. Love you."

"Love you too," replies Millie.

She stands up from her bed, throwing her coat on and grabbing her favourite purse. She makes her way to the door when she suddenly remembers her phone. Before she can pick it up, it rings again.

"Hello?" Asks Millie.

"Hello, Millie," says the voice.

"Luke?" She asks.

"No," they continue, "Do you want to die tonight, Millie?" Asks the voice.

Millie's face grimaced. This isn't a funny joke for Luke to play.

"That isn't funny, Luke," she says.

"I told you, I'm not Luke," replies the voice.

"Then who the fuck are you?" She asks.

The call cuts off, and Millie is left listening to the dial tone. She quickly attempts to ring Luke, but it goes to voice mail.

"Luke, call me when you can," she continues, "I just got a weird phone call."

Millie pulls open her fron door to see someone wearing the plague doctor costume. She jumps in fright as she tries to slam the door. The attacker overpowers her and barges into the apartment, a knife drawn from underneath the cloak.

Millie rushes to her kitchen, and she tries to pick up a knife. But before she can grab it, her attacker swipes at her, pushing her to the other side of the small island that sits in the centre of the room.

Millie fakes, which way she wants to go, the attacker swipes her again, this time over the table. Millie steps back and grabs a pan that was left there from lunch. She swings hard and fast. It catches her attacker in the face, knocking them down.

She rushes to her door, swinging it open. It nearly comes off the hinges. Millie rushes down the stairs and out the door of her complex. The rain pouring down, a storm of some sorts.

The streets are filled with people, celebrating a hometown win in a basketball game. Millie rushes up to a man. She almost knocks his beer out of his hands.

"Help me please," she continues, shaking him, "Someone is trying to kill me."

The man shrugs her off as Millie tries to reason with him.

"Get away from me, crazy bitch," says the man.

Millie, in shock, looks around for help as the rain falls heavily onto her. She turns back toward the door of her complex to see the killer standing in the door frame.

Millie rushes down the alley and into an abandoned building. She tears the tape away from the door, pushing the door open. She rushes into the building, slamming the door behind her. Millie hides behind some crates that have stuffed into the back of the room, almost as if they're just there to collect dust.

The killer opens the door slowly. They step into the building, closing the door menacingly. They pull the knife from the cloak once again, moving it along the railing.

The sound of the knife is one to make anyone grimmace in terror. Millie covers her mouth with her hand. She desperately tries to hold back her cries of fear. She attempts to make a run for the door when suddenly the killer lunges at Millie, stabbing her in the back.

She falls to the ground as the killer climbs above her. They take their knife and glide it off Millies face. The killer tries to plunge the knife into Millie when she raises her arms to cover her face, and it stabs her in the forearm.

Millie cries out in pain as the killer holds her down, and they move her arms above her head, holding them with one hand. The killer stabs Millie two more times into the stomach. She begins to fade into unconsciousness.

Suddenly, the door to the building is kicked open by Luke. The killer stares at him as they run away onto the darkness of the building. Luke attempts to give chase before he comes across Millie.

He kneels down beside her, trying to stop the bleeding from the multiple wounds. The blood spills everywhere as Luke desperately tries to stop the bleeding.

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!" Shouts Luke.