CHAPTER SIX

Quinn opens the door to the apartment. Thankfully, the investigation pending the apartment on the night has wrapped up so the group is able to roam freely, now that the police are finished with it.

Upon opening the door, Quinn sees plates smashed, pots and pans on the ground, and a little bit of blood on the marble island.

She approaches the island, and the blood on the counter makes her feel sick. It's almost as if she can't believe someone would want to hurt her sister.

Millie is one of the nicest and most genuine people you can be fortunate to know. She immediately thinks Jack is behind this and is trying to finish what he and Mandy started sometime ago. But it wouldn't make sense to go after Millie.

The friends split up, trying to cover more ground in a smaller amount of time. Quinn opens the door to the bedroom, and some of Millie's clothes are still spread out on the bed.

She takes them in her hands, searching around for clues. Anything she can find would only benefit them with their ongoing investigation.

Jay inspects the kitchen. He knows that Millie put up a great fight in order to be alive. But, one thing he can't seem to wrap his head around is why the killer followed Millie into the street, and why did no one help her?

His thoughts run away when he reaches the conclusion that it could have been staged and that Millie might be in on this ploy to get Quinn back home. He shakes his head quickly, not wanting the others to see him thinking such things.

"Ok, we need to go outside," says Quinn.

"To do what?" Asks Cole.

"We need to follow the night, the exact way it happened," says Quinn.

The group goes outside, and the street is still filled with old hotdog packages, beer cans, and reusable cups from the parade. The streets still littered with trash. They look in disgust as the town has been turned into one big bin.

"Well, now we know why no one helped," Jay continues, "They didn't care."

Quinn looks across the street, and yellow tape covers the door of the old abandoned warehouse. She points as the rest of the group follows her. Quinn tears down the tape, but the door appears to be jammed. Skyler moves Quinn out of the way and manages to kick in the door.

"We're breaking and entering, now?" Asks Cole.

"Calm down, it's abandoned," says Skyler.

They walk inside. The only light is what the windows let in. They walk around the building,m being careful not to slip on any hazards that may have been left behind.

Quinn points into the rafters. She can see a little red dot in the corner. She motions for Sklyer to follow her.

"You guys stay down here," she continues, "We won't be long."

Quinn and Sklyer climb the now unstable ladder to reach the top level. It's held together by old wood beams, and it's definitely not the safest structure to be walking on.

Skyler reaches for the red dot. He leans over as far as he can. The barrier breaks suddenly, and Quinn is forced to pull Skyler back to safety.

"It's a camera?!" Skyler shouts, "It looks like someone was recording the attack!"

The group looks at each other, worried. If someone was recording the attack, that means they knew Millie would run into the building or hoped rather. Quinn and Skyler make their way back down the shakey ladder to regroup. It suddenly breaks as both of them fall down, hitting the ground hard.

Jay looks up to the rafters to see the Plague Doctor standing upon the wooden beam.

"Up there!" He shouts.

The rest of the group help Quinn and Sklyer to their feet as Jay gives chase. He climbs the other ladder to the side. It's a lot less stable, but he takes the risk anyway.

He reaches the top of the beams, and he kicks off the ladder, knocking it over by accident. He gives chase to the killer, not wanting them to get away.

The killer bashes open the door that leads to the roof of the warehouse. They try to close it quickly, but Jay is too fast and shoulder barges the door open, sending the killer to their back.

They both stand up in unison. The killer takes a knife out from under their robe. Jay stands weaponless. He only has his fists and knows he's outmatched. The killer swipes at Jay furiously.

He manages to dodge the attack but is coming very close to the edge of the building. The killer swipes again. This time, Jay catches the bladed end in his hand, and he grabs ahold of the killers robe, pushing them back.

The killer quickly swipes the blade off of Jay's palm, cutting him badly. The then cuts his tigh and kicks, knocking Jay to the ground.

The sun peers into Jay's eyes, blinding him for a moment. The killer steps in front of the sun, revealing his silhouette. Jay's eyes open wide as the killer raises the knife above their head, gripping the blade with both hands.

Suddenly, Skyler reaches the top of the ladder. He rushes as fast as he can. It's gets the killers attention as they run away from Jay and down the other side of the building. They vault down the ladder on the opposite end, dissappearing into the darkness.

Skyler reaches Jay. He checks on him to make sure his wounds aren't fatal. Both of them breathe a sigh of relief and are lucky that no life threatening happened to them.

"Come on, let's get you to the hospital," says Sklyer.