CHAPTER THREE

The water trickled down Cole's back as he turned off the shower. He opens his bathroom door to find Brie stnading in her short, flowy, long black dress. He looks at her as she puts in her earrings.

Cole smiles. He can't believe how lucky he is to not have a girlfriend like Brie, but a supportive one who understands his past. He drapes his arms around her stomach as she rubs his arms.

He turns her slowly. Kissing her. His hands glide up and down his body. She giggles and pushes him off gently,

"We need to get ready," she says.

"I am ready," replies Cole.

Brie extends her hand, shaking her finger in his face, taunting him sexually. Cole flops face first on the bed, gripping the sheets,

"You're killing me, woman," he says.

Brie smiles, bringing her finger to her lips, biting it gently. She shoots him a wink as Cole covers his face into the pillow. Brie blows him a kiss as she shuts the bathroom door.

Brie opens the door moments later, revealing her choice of attire and her makeup done, flawlessly. Cole bites his knuckles in desperation,

"You're a godess woman," he says.

Bries wraps her arms around him as he scoots to the edge of the bed. She runs her hands down his shirt, pulling it up slowly. It reveals the scars from the alley attack. She kisses them gently, blowing onto his body.

Cole stands up in a panic, and the flashbacks come in droves. He pushes past Brie, resting his head against the wall.

"I'm sorry," he says.

Brie massages him gently, and her touch sends him into a shock of ecstacy. Like a shot of adrenaline straight to his heart.

Brie kisses him on top of the forehead as she drapes her coat around her. Cole smiles, and just for a moment, life is normal.

The pair make their way into the taxi, Cole being the gentleman as he opens the door for her. The rain falls heavy now, even more than before. The hanholes puff out a mist like form.

Car horns beeping as the traffic comes to a hault. Cole looks out the window, his finger following a stray drop of rain. He looks into a dark alley, a silhouette dissappears behind the dumpsters.

Cole looks closer as his breathing begins to quicken. He opens the taxi door as he steps out into the alley. He crosses the threshold cautiously. His palms are sweaty as he opens the top button from his shirt.

Brie looks confused as she follows closely behind him. Cole slowly approaches the dumpster. He finds a stray, thick piece of wood. He raises it above his head as he's about to swing. He realises his a homeless man.

He stops himself in his tracks as Brie looks on. Cole drops the weapon, holding both his hands out as the man covers up for his safety.

"I'm sorry," Cole continues, "I thought you were someone else."

Cole takes out his wallet, and he drops a fifty euro note into the mans cup. He taps the man on the shoulder as Brie wraps her arms around Cole.

The man still shook up, shaking Coles' hand for his generous nature. They both make their way back to the taxi, but it has unfortunately driven away.

"Oh great," Cole's arms flail in the air, "What an asshole."

"Come on, we can walk the rest of the way," says Brie.

The pair link arms as they venture down the noisy street. Street lights and LED signs from the stores lught their way. They come to a crossing in the road, and Brie can spot a gap in the street. A small, claustrophobic alley that'll cut five minutes of their journey.

Brie attempts to walk down the alley as Cole pulls her back gently. She turns in confusion, unsure of why Cole doesn't want to walk down this alley, as opposed to the other one.

"What's wrong?" Asks Brie.

"It's too narrow," Cole continues, "And it doesn't have light."

"Hey," Brie continues, "It'll be ok, I promise."

Cole us hesitant but doesn't want to act scared in front of Brie. He walks in front of her, just a few steps. He checks all his corners and dark spots. The crashing sound of a trash can make him turn promptly.

His heart rate quickens even more as he picks up the pace. Brie follows behind, a little slower than him. Cole reaches back, grabbing for her hand.

As he does, a silhouette can be seen in the middle of they alley. Cole places Brie behind him as the figure vastly approaches. It's the homeless man from before.

Cole lowers his guard, and just as he does, the man swipes at him with a knife. Cole lunges back, evading the swing. The man tries again. This time, his swing is aimed at Brie.

"What else do you have?" He grunts.

Cole intercepts the swing, catching the mans wrist. Cole drives his hand into the dumpster, repeatedly hitting it until he drops the knife. Cole headbutts the homeless man as he falls to the concrete.

"Fucking bitch," Cole kicks him harder, "I was helping you."

Before Cole can kick him again, two officers jump on him tackling him to the ground. A little while later, Cole and Brie sit on the back of an ambulance step. The friends rush to their aid, checking on them.

"We're fine," Coles continues, "Just some homeless asshole."

Brie scans the facial expressions of the group.

"What's going on?" She asks.

Quinn looks at Cole. His chest looks like it is in convulsions.

"My sister was attacked last night," says Quinn.

"Fuck, not again," replies Cole.