ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ-ᴏɴᴇ

The grey clouds fill the sky like a blanket. The rain is pushed against the window with the force of the wind. Skyler and Quinn awake from their sleep, his arm draped over her as she plays with her engagement ring.

She turns to him, smiling. Her hand brushes through his hair as Quinn kisses him. The two smile at one another, finally happy, finally at peace.

"Breakfast in bed?" Asks Skyler.

"Unfortunately not," Quinn throws the sheets off her warm body, "We have to get ready for our meeting."

Skyler sighs, not wanting to leave the comfort of Quinn or the bed. He pulls her back into the bed as the two rustle around, laughing.

Quinn makes her way to the kitchen. She takes a bottle of pills from the cupboard, swallowing two of them. Skyler approaches her, wrapping his arms around her stomach.

"How are you feeling?" he asks.

Quinn shakes her head in uncertainty. Skyler kisses her on the cheek and makes his way to the kettle.

"Tea?" He asks.

"Yes, please," she responds.

The pair sit at the kitchen table, and the view from their apartment over looks one of the nicest parks. It's a park that holds some of the most beautiful scenery and a great spot to run.

Quinn slides on her pair of Gymshark leggings and a half zip hoodie. The two of them meet at the front door as Skyler holds it open.

"To go?" Asks Skyler.

"Please," replies Quinn.

Skyler fills up the flask with tea. He grabs his own, and they both make their way to the car. Quinn throws him the keys. He smiles like a giddy child, knowing he gets to drive one of Quinns most beloved cars.

The garage door opens up as news reporters, and camera men surround their car. They're always following the survivors, always wanting to get the next scoop on the group.

They have become something of celebrities, not the A list type, but survivors of a murder spree will definitely come with a little fame.

"Vultures," says Quinn.

Skyler motions for the reporters to move away from the car, but instead, they crowd it more than before. Skyler grows tired of the constant fame and just wants to move on with his life and not be reminded of the past.

Quinn revs the engine as the reporters get spooked, moving a little distance from the car. She tries her best efforts to speed up as safely as possible.

They finally get an open moment to speed away, leaving the reporters in the pervurvial dust. Skyler rolls down his window, feeling the city air hitting his face on this crisp Autmn morning.

The drive doesn't take long, twenty minutes at the most. They pull up outside a publishing agency.

"Why are we here again?" Asks Skyler.

"They want to do a book on us, don't you remember?" Quinn asks.

Skyler shakes his head, his memory not what it once was. The scale of the building extends their necks up, all the way to the top. They drive into the underground car park, parking in a VIP section.

"What level?" Asks Sklyer, as he calls the elevator.

"Top floor," says Quinn.

They both enter the elevator, the journey to the top is long, and it feels longer than the car journey almost. As the door opens, a bright logo almost blinds them both. Harper & CO. One of the most successful book agencies in the city.

Not before long, they are pulled into the meeting room. Skyler fiddles with a stray pen on the table, putting it between his lips and nose, making a pen moustache.

A man enters the room, his perfectly fitted suit, and expensive rolex watch join him at the head of the table. David, Skyler remembers hearing. He tells them about the book they're writing. An interview of sorts, titled "The Survivors"

This doesn't impress Skyler, although if sales are made, a hefty royalty check will be mailed out to them. Splitting the royalties four ways, of course.

Quinn shakes David's hand as the meeting draws to a conclusion. Skyler pushes himself from the seat, not one for corporate meetings. Skyler extends his hand, David looks down, hesitant to shake it. He does with a heavy grab, almost to assert dominance.

Skyler grips back even harder, and the two waged in a war of eye contact, which one will be the first to loosen the grip. They stand close to one another so Quinn doesn't recognise.

David pulls away slowly, his grip loosened. Skyler smiles, not only a mental victory but a physical one, too.

"Nice doing business with you," says David.

Taking the elevator back to the underground car park, Skyler looks at Quinn, with more questions than answers.

"I don't think that guy likes me," he says.

"David?" Asks Quinn.

"Rolex, guy," he responds.

Quinn stops dead in her tracks. She takes hold of Skylers hands as she looks him in the eyes.

"Hey, nothing is going on there," she continues, "it's a business deal."

Skyler nods his head, half heartily.

Before they can open the car, Quinn's phone rings, scaring her slightly.

"Hello?" She asks.

"Quinn, it's mom. Something had happened," she gulps as her mother continues, "Millie was attacked."