CHAPTER EIGHT

The doctor knocks on Millie's door. He opens the door, the group the large clipboard in his hands.

"Millie?" He continues, "Millie, hi. I'm Dr. Matthews. We're looking at keeping you in a few more days."

Millie's head hung low as she was hoping to hear some better news. I'd assume she probably thought she'd be discharged, being that the attacker didn't manage to hit any veins or arteries.

"Hey, it's ok," says Quinn.

"Oh yeah, how so?" Asks Millie.

Quinn rests her hand on top of her sisters head. The doctor makes his way around the room, nodding his head before leaving the group alone.

"So, that sucks," says Millie.

Luke reaches out for her hand. He kisses it, kneeling down beside her bed. Millie rests her head upon his shoulder, not wanting to let him go.

Skyler pulls Quinn to one side of the room.

"I'm going to go out for a little while," he continues, "Do some digging."

Quinn nods, "Take Jay with you, please."

Skyler nods. He taps Jay on the shoulder as the two of them leave the hospital room.

"Where are they going?" Asks Cole.

"You know those two," replies Quinn.

Skyler unlocks the car, and he and Jay take their seats. Skyler looks at Jay and reverses out of the car park.

"Plan?" Asks Jay.

"We go see our new friend Mike," replies Skyler.

A couple of minutes later, the two pull up outside the house. They're met with sighs, the house standing tall, exceptionally tall.

"Are all these people rich?" Asks Jay.

"Come on," Skyler says, exiting the car.

"Seriously, look at the size of it. No one needs that much house," says Jay.

The pair pushes past the white picket fence and moves closer to the front door. The climb the steps to the patio. Skyler presses his face up against the window, whilst Jay twists the door handle.

"Well?" Asks Jay.

"I don't know," replies Skyler.

Skyler looks again. This time, he looks over the door frame, with a little help from Jay.

"HEY, I CAN SEE FEET!" Exclaims Skyler.

Jay lets him down before he begins kicking the door. Both of them shoulder barge the door as it swings open. Jay reaches for a golf club, handing one to Skyler and taking one himself.

"I'll go up, you check downstairs," says Skyler.

Jay nods, both of them splitting up. Skyler climbs the stairs slowly, not wanting to make a sound. He gets to the top of the landing, dissappearing behind the wall.

He walks slowly down the corridor. It's poorly lit due to the sun setting. Skyler reaches for one of the bedroom door handles. He twists it gently, pushing the door open, the club still in hand.

'Clear,' he thinks to himself.

He pushes on to the room further down the hall, a licence plate sits on the door, "Mike's Room," it reads. Skyler once again opens the door slowly. This time, a little creek sneeks out from the door frame. He steps back, holding the club with both hands.

Nothing, nothing happens. He then moves toward the door, opening it quickly. He rushes in, his club extended above his head.

'Clear,' he once again thinks.

Suddenly, he is met with a scream.

"SKYLER, GET DOWN HERE," Jay screams.

Skyler rushes down the stairs to find the bodies of Mike's parents positioned together against the wall, the wife resting on the husbands cjest as he sits upright, both deceased. Skyler turns to find Mike hanging from the chandelier that hangs in the tall ceilings in the living room.

"Fuck," continues Jay, "Call the police."

A little while later, Cole and Heather show up at the scene. Skyler and Jay both look confused.

"Where is everyone else?" Asks Skyler.

"At the hospital," says Cole.

Heather is hysterical. She tries her best to push past the police and rip at the yellow tape that has been set as a perimeter. Jay grabs her back, trying to calm her down. He takes her over to the car, sitting her in it.

Suddenly, Skyler receives a phone call.

"Hello?" Asks Skyler.

"Hello, Skyler. Did you miss me?" Asks the killer.

"What do you want?" Asks Skyler.

"You'll find out soon enough. I have to say hi to Quinn," the killer says before the call drops.

Skyler rushes back to the car as Heather quickly jumps out, trying to get back into the house.

Skyler pulls away quickly, leaving Jay and Cole outside the murder house. He arrives at the hospital a couple of minutes later. He rushes into the hospital but notices the elevator is out of service.

He runs to the back stairwell and immediately begins climbing the steps quickly. He pushes open the door with force, running down the hallway. Skyler looks to the reception desk on the floor. It's empty.

He pushes open Millie's door, finding her on the bed reading a book.

"Where is your sister?" Asks Skyler.

"She's -"

Before Millie can finish talking, the door slams closed behind Skyler. The killer takes a knife from their robe, revealing the size. Skyler backs off slowly as the killer swipes. Skyler manages to grab the killere wrist, the knife wriggling as both of them fight for it's possession.

Skyler headbutts the killer as they both fall down. Millie jumps from her bed, but still being weak, she also falls. The killer reaches for the knife, swiping at Millie's feet. She kicks her attacker in the chest, pushing them back.

Skyler picks up Millie, holding her behind him, using himself as the barricade. The killer opens the door slowly, pointing the knife directly at both Skyler and Millie. The killer then throws a chair at them before sneaking away.

Skyler rushes to the door but finds the back stairwells door open and moving back and forth. Just then, Quinn enters the room. In shock, she rushes to both Skyler and Millie.

Brie is next to enter, dropping her can of cola and a sandwich she got from the canteen. Luke enters shortly after, with two coffees in his hand.

Skyler scans the room, unsure of who he can actually trust.