♡ Chapter 12 ♡

"Eomma I need one more pair of chopsticks."

The angelic, sweet voice of the girl came from near the kitchen door, making all of the people in the kitchen look in that direction. As soon as the new arrivals saw the girl's presence, their jaws fell to the floor.

Mrs. Jeon almost burst into laughter when she saw her husband's wide eyes; they were about to fall from his skull. Mrs. Jeon covered her mouth with her hand while giggling while looking at her elder son and husband.

"Eom-eomma?" Mr. Jeon strutted. "When did-?" Confusion was written all over his face as he stared at his wife. "I had a sister?" Jung-hyun looked at both of his parents.

Jungkook facepalmed while rolling his eyes. What's wrong with his family? He thought while shaking his head. Then his eyes followed to the girl who was standing in the middle of the crowd, confused and looking around like a lost puppy. Y/n was still waiting for Mrs. Jeon to give her one more pair of chopsticks. She lightly bit the corner of her lips while looking down as she started to play with the hem of the hoodie she was wearing. Jungkook's eyes quickly softened toward the girl, which didn't go unnoticed by the people in the kitchen as he stared at the girl. 

Jungkook didn't dare to move his eyes even a bit till he was brought back to the world by the sound of clearing the throat. Mrs.Jeon faked a cough, giving a look to Jungkook, and turned to y/n with a genuine small smile. "Y/n sweetie, can you check the left drawer of the cupboard? I am pretty sure that you will be able to find one there." She said getting y/n's attention to her. "Oh, okay," Y/n beamed at Mrs.Jeon as she slipped out of the kitchen quickly. She was feeling a little bit uncomfortable because of the new, unknown presence of the people in the kitchen. She didn't dare ask questions about them because they didn't take much trouble to talk with her or introduce themselves; instead, they stared at her, making her feel uncomfortable. But she never failed to treat Jungkook with a small smile before leaving the room.

After y/n left the room, Jungkook quickly tuned in to his parents and brother. Jungkook quickly broke eye contact with his father and brother, while looking at his mother and found Mrs.Jeon already looking at him. When he made eye contact with his mother, Mrs.Jeon tilted her head and gesticulated 'go on' with her eyes. Jungkook quickly shook his head and turned back to his father and brother, making Mrs.Jeon groan in annoyance. If someone else saw this without any doubt, they would think there was a staring contest or something.

"What's going on here?" Mr. Jeon finally asked after getting fed up with the silence. His eyes have started to tear up with a slight burning feeling. He was confused to the core. Why are his wife and younger son making this such a big deal? There is a girl in his house who addresses his wife as mother, and he asked why that is. It's not that big of a deal, right? So why are these two making this awkward and creepy?

______________________________________

Now all five people were sitting at the dining table to have their dinner. "So Jungkook, you are telling me that you found this girl inside of your car?" Mr.Jeon asked while raising an eyebrow at Jungkook. Jungkook nodded his head quickly. He was afraid that his father or brother would mention his career or say that y/n was faking it, or say something else that could hurt y/n.

"Well, that's weird." Mr.Jeon struggled with his shoulders and lifted his head from the ball of rice he was eating. "And what kind of idiot does something like that?" He said with as amusement filled in his voice. "Your son, dad," Jung-hyun said playfully, earning a glare from Jungkook.

Mr. Jeon looked at the girl, who was eating her food innocently without making a single sound. He observed the girl carefully. He wasn't a man who took anything seriously. He was always positive-minded. But this time he wanted to confirm that this girl wasn't fooling his son because his career as a celebrity could be destroyed with one mistake. Not only the career but the whole life of his son.