Chapter 12: Bruised and Jealous

"Ouch! Can you be more careful? It hurts." Hunter complained when I dared try to put the ice-pack on his left eye which was now beginning to show an ugly, purplish bruise.

I dropped my hand and sighed impatiently.

"Don't be such a cry baby; your black eye doesn't even look that serious." I lied. The truth was, he looked like he just got mugged by four druggies in a dark alleyway somewhere in Detroit. Yep, it was that bad. Not that I was going to admit that to him. He already looked pretty wounded as it was, though I had a feeling his ego hurts more than the black eye.

He snatched the icepack from my hand.

"I am not a cry baby. I am the most manly man I know." He said, moaning quietly as he held the icepack against his eye.

I somehow found that hilarious but I didn't want him to think that I was some kind of a psychopath who enjoyed seeing him in pain so I bit my lower lip to hide the smile that was threatening to come out.

"You know what, the black eye kinda suits you. It compliments your bad boy persona really well." I said, making a feeble attempt to make him feel better.

He eyed me suspiciously.

"Is that true?"

"Yes! Why would I lie to you?" I let out a nervous laugh. White lies weren't really considered as real lies, right?

"This black eye doesn't make me look like the Kung Fu panda, does it?" he asked expectantly.

I grimaced.

"Of course not! Uhm, maybe just a tiny bit..." I started to say but immediately stopped when I saw his expression changed from hopeful to devastated in a span of a millisecond.

Oh, no! He looked like he was going to cry! I needed to salvage the situation, pronto!

"But Pandas are great, right?" I blurted out, forcing a big smile on my face. "They're so chill. They're like, racism is stupid, I'm white, black and Asian." I joked lamely.

Too late though because the big baby was already trashing on the clinic bed, kicking his legs in the air like he was an oversized five year old brat throwing a fit.

"God, why?! Why did you allow a certain heartless person to damage your perfect creation? How can I face the world now looking like a freaking panda bear?! My life is ruined!" He shouted, sobbing loudly as he covered his face with his hands.

I couldn't believe this was Hunter talking. I didn't know he was this vain. I always thought he was the type who didn't care about his looks, what's with his unruly hair which I was sure had never been introduced to a comb, and his carefree way of dressing. Now he was throwing a tantrum all because he had a black eye. Yeah, right. Manliest thing ever.

And what was his problem with pandas anyway? They were so cute and looked so huggable... Like him.

Go away, you stupid pheromones!

"Well, it's your fault for being such a pervert!" I snapped at him. "If you didn't harass me, we wouldn't be here in the first place!"

I folded my arms over my chest and willed myself not to blush as I remembered the events that landed us here inside the school clinic.

***
30 minutes earlier...

"Why? Are you now ready for a kiss?" he asked.

Holy guacamole!

I was born ready! The slutty part of me screeched excitedly while the righteous part screamed: Drown yourself in a drum of holy water, you promiscuous tramp!