Chapter 26: Boyfriend and Girlfriend

A/N: Years ago, I asked my readers to suggest a scene they wanted me to include in this book and I told them I'll include the best suggestion in the story. This is the winner. Thank you for the suggestion @AlphasMate325!

***

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Hunter whispered using his husky voice I couldn't get enough of. His warm hands traveled from my shoulder down to my arms, caressing my skin in a way that almost turned my knees into jelly.

I bit my lower lip and nodded. There was no way I'd back out. Not when we had already come this far.

"I'm sure." I said even though my heart was beating wildly inside my chest. I was so damned nervous, my palms were sweating buckets.

"But this is your first time." He murmured as he leaned closer, sending the mingled scents of mint and aftershave my way. "I don't want you to get hurt."

A flutter coursed through me. Even when he was this close, I still couldn't believe he was mine. That was right. This crazy, beautiful boy was mine.

"I won't." I gave him a determined look. "Let's do this."

His gaze flickered over my face. It settled, with something close to fascination, on my lips. His expression quickly turned wicked, as his eyes brightened with a naughty gleam.

"Then let's do this."

He grabbed my hand and excitedly ushered me forward the line.

"This is going to be awesome!" He cheered happily as we stepped onto the entrance of the roller coaster ride.

Right. It was our first date as boyfriend and girlfriend and Hunter decided to bring me to an amusement park.

I was really having a lot of fun until he decided it was time for us to ride this death in a cart.

"Is this safe?" I asked with a shaky voice, my heart was pounding rapidly and I started to feel queasy.

Hunter gave me a reassuring smile.

"Yes, babe. Don't worry, okay? I got you."

We walked slowly over to a row of two seats. Hunter entered first and I followed him, knees wobbly from fear. The chairs did nothing to comfort me. They were black with blue seatbelts that went around our shoulders. As one of the staff fasten us into our seats, I knew it was too late for me to change my mind.

"Your first time here?" Asked the staff as he adjusted the belt around my waist. He had a surfer vibe going on around him with his wavy brown hair and golden tan skin. He looked to be our age.

I nodded meekly, too nervous to even make up a coherent answer. The staff gave me a flirty smile.

"I hope you'll have fun."

I was about to answer when Hunter leaned in closer so he could give the staff a sarcastic smile.

"Thanks for your concern. I'm sure my girlfriend will have a lot of fun." He said in a harsh, patronising voice, making sure to put a stress in the word girlfriend.

Caveman Hunter was at it again.

I elbowed him in the ribs, making him wince. I threw the thoroughly confused staff an apologetic smile. He shrugged and proceeded to assist the people in front of us.

I glared at Hunter.

"What's your problem?" I said in annoyance.

He pouted his full lips and gave me his puppy dog eyed look he knew I couldn't resist.