ɴɪɴᴀ'ꜱ ʀᴜᴍᴏʀꜱ

(1079 words)

There was just darkness, Jesper was sleeping "Jesper" an unfamiliar voice calls through the boy's dream "Jesper" It felt as if the voice was getting closer by the second "Jesper. Jesper"

Jesper woke up gasping for air, the sound of his alarm ringing loudly in his ears. Lightly flickering his eyes open he gently tapped for his alarm to turn off. He slowly slipped his legs out of his blanket and sat on the edge of his single-sized bed inside the dorm room of Ketterdam Highschool.

"Saints, my head hurts" Jesper growled harshly cupping his head in his hands when he heard a buzz that came from his phone.

He leaned over holding it in his palm to see what or who the notification came from. He turned on his phone to find it was a message. From Inej Ghafa.

Inej has been his close friend for as long as he can remember. She was such a kind, sweet and gentle soul. Sometimes he would find himself wanting to hide her away and keep her all for himself, but he couldn't all because of that grumpy, moody, handsome bastard who Jesper has had a crush on for a while now. Kaz Brekker.

Kaz was also one of Jesper's close friends. Well, he wouldn't say close, just someone he's known for a long time. Inej, Kaz, and Jesper all have known each other for a very long time. They've been together ever since preschool up to high school. Maybe even if Jesper gets lucky he'll make it to college. His father has always wanted him to go to college but Jesper just was never interested. He wanted to be wild and live freely.

Jesper went into his phone to see Inej's message.

"Hey Jes" -I

Jes, he loved that nickname Inej gave him.

"Good morning, Inej:)" -J

"Do you know what time it is?" -I

No, he didn't.

"Morning time? :)" -J

"Saints Jes, it's 8:10 am you're late for the first period." -I

He was? Jesper quickly checked his alarm clock "8:10 am" Saints he was.

"And you didn't wake me up?! :(" -J

"Jesper, since when did I ever do that?" -I

"Since now :(" -J

"Just get ready see you at break<3" -I

Jesper left a quick little heart for his friend, got his clothes ready for class, and rushed into the shower like a little kid.

-

(Skip to Break :D and it is now Jesper's Pov)

I'm so exhausted and I was 20 minutes late for my first class. I should be grateful that my teacher was later than me. I'm currently on my way to the library where all the magic happens.

I weakly drop my body on the seat at the table where my close friends were seated at. I felt their eyes on me as I slowly looked up to find out I was right.

"Saints, Jesper are you ok? need a waffle?" asked my charming friend Nina Zenik "Thanks Nina but... I think I'll just lay here for a bit"

I haven't known Nina as long as Kaz and Inej, but sometimes it felt like that.

"I would like a waffle please, Nina" I heard Nina's Fjerdan boyfriend ask her with his little accent "No, sorry but these are only for me or special reasons" Nina hissed back

"Am I not special enough for you, Nina?" watching this made me want to run out of there and vomit. But before Nina could answer, thank the saints Inej interrupted them.

"Ok you two, Nina, what was it you were going to tell us before Jes got here?"

Here we go. Another one of Nina's Rumors she overheard. I mean, she's never wrong, yes but sometimes I wonder where she gets these from. Honestly, I fancy her wild personality. It's almost like she's my twin sister... but with fewer looks.

"Oh my saints, yes, I almost forgot, Thank you Inejy" Inejy? ok, that's new but now I'm quite curious, What is it that Nina wants to tell us?

"Is that a compass hanging out the front of your vest pocket?" I hear a cold voice from beside me, it sent shivers down my back and my heart was pounding knowing who the voice was. It was Kaz, I didn't realize how quiet he was until now. I could feel my face heating up. Saints, Jesper stop. I thought to myself.

"Yes actually" I reply with such pride "It is a compass, wore it to give off the finishing touch. Do you like?" Kaz had no emotion on his face. He didn't respond. Just looked away.

"Ok, what I was going to say before Mr. Kazzle Dazzle over here interrupted," shortly I heard a little, soft giggle. I turned to see it was coming from Inej. Saints, she really was perfect. I guess that's why Kaz was looking at her right now and not me. I always knew that Kaz had his eyes on Inej, I just didn't want to believe it. It broke my heart to know that the person I was in love with, wasn't in love with me, but with my best friend.

"Anyhow, I overheard our principal say that he will be enrolling his son in our school" That was all?

"Nina, why would we care about our principles kid coming to our school?" Maybe I should've said it more politely. Because soonly after Nina gave me a big smile. I could tell that she was up to something. It was screaming from her sarcastic smile. Without any disguise.

Before I knew it I felt a warm waffle hit my cheek. "Saints Nina!" I guess I was pretty loud because we got kicked out of the library for the whole day.

"...Nice work, genius." Nina said with a frown on her face as I turned to her "Fuck you" I hissed at her when I felt a sting on my arm. Inej pinched my arm "Language." I quickly apologize to Nina in less than a second. She had the stupidest grin on her face.

-

(Skip to After school :D Jesper Pov)

We all just went back to our dorms, after our last class. for it was getting late.

I got to my dorm, and it felt quiet, too quiet. I hated it when it was this quiet. It felt as if the darkness from my dream was watching me inside and out. I roamed my dorm to find something to entertain myself. Nothing. So I thought maybe I can make a group chat with all my friends to feel more at ease.

Jesper Fahey made a group chat with Inej Ghafa, Kaz Brekker, and 2 more

-

Omg, I am kinda scared to publish this but... I'm gonna have to do it because I didn't do all that for nothing. I am just hoping I did well but anyways that is chapter one done and I am proud of myself (For once) anyways Bye bye and I'll try writing tmw.