CHAPTER 4

_________
Arkell Reids

I walked over to the Mages. They indeed were casting a spell. They had drawn a magic circle on the ground which was emanating a turquoise blue light.

A vision spell it is.

The blue light indicated a vision spell which allowed the mages to see any part of Celesteria. Similarly, there were different indicators for different magic spells. The one producing violet was meant for teleportation, red for a control spell to establish control over any being's mind and body. The control spell was forbidden and a criminal offence. Another spell, which could be the death of us, dark like the clouds above...was a mark of the Devil. A Dark aura. No one had ever been able to use his spell. It was said that the last time anyone had seen that dark aura was twenty years ago, illuminating from the infant's fists.

"Greetings to Your Highness." They spoke simultaneously as they had sensed my presence.

"What is your purpose for being here?" I questioned.

"We humbly apologize, Your Highness. This matter was entrusted to us by the High Priest Karrez. We are here to monitor the element's movement."

"Movement? Why, I find it strange. What are you hiding?" Monitoring the movement could be done from the temple itself. There was something that has been kept from me. I placed my hand on the baldric tied to my waist that held my battle sword, hinting that I could point it to their necks the very next moment with one dissatisfying answer.

"Th- There's also a message for Your Highness. The form of the element has been discovered."

"And I'm being informed only now?" I grit in anger. I had especially asked that old fool to inform me foremost.

"Are you aware that doing something without my knowledge is an act of treason?" I drew my sword out, knowing very well that it would cause a rift between the Temple and the Imperial Palace.

I have to do this in order to find out whether Priest Karrez holds any ill intentions or not.

"You." I spoke to the Mage who was trembling at the back, concealed within a dark cloak. He exuded an air of fear. His wide eyes darted nervously. The veil of the cloak barely hid his quivering form, betraying the palpable terror that engulfed his every fiber. An easy target.

He stepped forward, staring at his feet.

"Kindly excuse my indecency, Your Highn-" Another Mage tried to interfere as he blocked the quivering mage from stepping any further.

"Shut your mouth." With steady precision, my sword's tip poised inches from his eye, an ominous threat. Tension hung heavy as a single move could make him lose his eye.

"Sire, you cannot threaten a Mage!" Another one managed to speak in his trembling voice.

"Do not try to remind me of my own rules." I grabbed the terrified Mage's cloak and dragged him along to speak to him separately. None of the other Mages dared to follow us, but I knew they would report to the old man about this.

I pushed him, his back pinned against the wall, trapped by an unyielding barrier of resistance.

"What is the form?" I asked but he was shivering uncontrollably. I considered putting my sword away but didn't loosen my grip on his cloak.