𝟎𝟕;

For a reason that Amelia ignored, she felt like something was about to change. She didn't know what exactly- but she was ready for it, whatever it might be.
She was waiting on Jack, she had laid down some snacks on the table, the couch was all ready for them to have a comfortable time next to each other, and Amelia was exited. She loved movie nights- especially with Jack. It was always so much fun, they'd talk mostly and forget about the movies, except when it came to scream. They'd always share their theories even though they already knew each others. Movie night was always her favorite night of the month. And it was also his.

On his side, Jack was walking to the apartment, he had picked up dinner, and a bouquet of flower for the girl- which he had never done before, he hoped she wouldn't find it weird. He knew she pretended to be okay but he knew her. She was still shaken up from the events with Johnny, so he thought that might make her feel better.
Jack was secretly hoping something might happen between the two friends. He loved her, all this time- he hoped she might feel the same, thought he highly doubted that. Every time he'd see her, the only thing running through his mind was what their lips would feel like against each other. She was so beautiful, so smart, talented and nice. She was so good to the world- she deserved to be treated the way he could treat her.
He just didn't expect her to feel the same.
Unbeknownst to the boy- and to the girl- they were in love with each other. And it was about to show.

Jack was now standing on her front porch, nervous- how would she react to him buying her flowers?

He rang the bell.

" Just a second!" She yelled for him to hear, making her way to the door.

" Hey, you." She smiled brightly at the boy, noticing the bouquet.

" Jack, is that-?"

" Yeah, it's for you. I saw them on the way here, they reminded me of you. I hope it isn't weird." He pointed out, blushing, as the girl took them from his grip, stepping into the apartment.

" Weird? No they're beautiful! Thank you." She got on her tiptoe and hugged him tightly.

He hugged her back, a huge smile on his face.

" So , what did you pick up?"

" McDonald's okay for you? I got your usual." He said, taking his shoes off and dropping the bag on the kitchen island.

" Yeah it's perfect you know I don't like anything fancy for movie nights. It's all set up if you wanna sit down. I have to go to the bathroom real quick." She said, exiting the living room to go into her bedroom.

She looked in the mirror.

" put yourself together." She slightly tapped her cheeks.

The gesture of the flowers, it wasn't too much. She was so happy that he had thought of her and it had made her feel a hundred times better. But she couldn't stop wondering if he had done that out of pure kindness or because he liked her. Jack had never been a hard person to read- except when it came to his feelings. Plus, the both of them were always oblivious. Everyone could see the two were in love. They acted like a married couple. They joked around, hugged all the time, bickered like an old couple, and yet, they couldn't seem to see it. Or realize it.

Amelia pulled herself together after a few seconds, trying to forget and not overthink the situation- this was just a movie night with her guy best friend. It had happened so many times before - so why would it change now?

After they finished eating, they ended up in the same position as always. Her head on his shoulder, a plaid on their legs keeping them warm. Except it felt different this time. Jack didn't put his arm around her, they didn't hold hands, it felt too weird to do so- for the both of them.