𝟏𝟏;

It was chaos in her mind. She had taken a few days off, Jack doing the same to support the girl as they were now in the car- on the way to her fathers funeral.

She didn't want to go- not when she got the call. But she felt like she had to- to move on, to put an end to all this, and to finally be able to feel like he wasn't controlling her anymore.
Something she didn't expect was feeling sad. She had cried the night before while picking her outfit. It felt too dramatic. The black dress, the black limousine that her mom had rented for her and Jack to go to the funeral together.
Nothing made sense.
She wanted to laugh- she wanted to be able to say that she didn't care that her father had died but she couldn't just sit here and feel happy or relieved about someone's death- even the person she hated the most- and the one who had hurt her like no one else ever had. It felt bittersweet.

He had been a good dad. Her first 7 years with him were fun- he was a nice dad, getting her what she wanted, putting her to bed every night, reading to her- working to provide for her and her mom when she got sick, and thank god she recovered or else Amelia would've spiraled if it wasn't for her mother being there. Point is- he was a loving father until he let other people get into his head and make him turn into someone she didn't recognize.

Now, she sat in the car, Jack next to her, holding her hand.

" Are you sure you wanna do this?" He asked squeezing her hand.

« Yeah. I need to. Plus, I have to be there for my mom, this isn't easy for her." She replied squeezing his hand back smiling at the boy.

" Do you think your brother's gonna be there?"

" I don't know. I hope not, I just don't know what I'll say to him if he's there."

" You don't have to say anything to him."

" No I know, I guess we'll see."

" I can't believe I'm gonna meet your mom at a funeral." He laughed hoping to lighten up the mood- which worked as she laughed.

" Yeah tell me about it. I had this whole thing planned, I didn't expect this to happen like that either but hey- doesn't matter the circumstance , she's gonna love you anyway."

" You think so?"

" I know so. She knows how good you've been to me- she's gonna be super grateful so expect a lot of hugs." She laughed again.

" Lots of hugs. Got it. Is it weird that I'm nervous?"

" No, but you don't have to be. I mean I'm nervous about meeting your family and we haven't even planned it."

" We should do it after filming. When we wrap up- we could stay there a few days what do you say?"

" I say, that sounds like a fun idea."

" Good. I love you." He smiled, leaning in to kiss her forehead before slipping his arm around her as she put her head on his shoulder.

" I love you too."

The car had stopped. Amelia felt her chest tightened, she knew she would see her mom, and there was a high chance her brother would be there along with her father's wife.

Jack came out of the car first; going around it to open her side, waiting for her to build the courage the get out.

" Take your time."

" No, I'm good. Might as well go now, the earlier I arrive the faster this'll be and we can leave." She replied, finally leaving her seat, Jack holding her hand as they stepped out onto the grass.