Chapter 1: Time heals most wounds part

Your P.O.V.

Time heals most wounds physically and emotionally, only if you let it. I was once truly broken. With Professor Fig dead, Lodgok dead, I killed hundreds of goblins' and Rookwood loyalists alike. I may have stopped a war, but why those two? They had so much left to live for. I remember telling Sirona about Lodgok, watching her drop a tray of empty butterbeer glasses as she wept.

"Y/N?" Professor Hecat called to me. I must've zoned out.

"S-sorry, Professor." I spoke looking down.

"You will duel Mr. Sallow. Please get to your stations." The professor waved her wand, moving the tables out of the way. I walk over to my station, pulling out my wand. "Wands at the ready" The dueling table rises, still giving me the jitters like the first time round. I look at Sebastian. He looks so much more handsome over the two years, the fluffy hair, freckles, he's taller too. I also see a stubble coming in. Ominis still looked so well kept. The ironed clothes, slicked back silver hair, clean-shaven, with the best manners in the world. I always enjoyed growing up with Everyone. We all changed so much after the two years.

"Remember, only Protego, Basic cast, Accio, leviosa and Stupefy. We might do more advanced dueling later on. You may begin when you're ready."

"Ready to finally meet your match Y/n, this year I'll beat you." He smirked as he began throwing basic casts at me, child's play. I kept my ground with protego and dodged his Leviosa.

"Leviosa, accio!" I pulled him close to me. "Are you sure about that?" I wink at him, casting him away and he got up with ease. His eyes pierced me, like I was bait, I smirk, as we battle.

"WOAH!!!" Sebastian was blasted off the table, crashing into a table full of papers and such.

"I win." I smile, watching him get up, dusting himself off.

"Well done, Y/n won't be as easy next time." They all cheered, as we walked up to each other and shook hands. "Good duel though, maybe we will have another rematch soon."

"I sure hope so, Sebastian." His brown eyes looked so demanding, making me lose my train of thought. The lighting made them practically glitter in the sunlight.

"Very impressive you two," Professor Hecat began. "One of the best duels I have seen in a while. 20 points for Hufflepuff for winning and good sportsmanship. Slytherin 10 points for your Sportsmanship. Well done. Next is Mr. Garreth and Mr. Amit." Class waved on, watching duel after duel.

"Well done everyone. Tomorrow, we shall continue for the ones who hasn't dueled. Class is dismissed." We all walk out, Garreth, Sebastian, Ominous and I staying close in one group.

"Finally classes are done for the day!" Garreth stretched as we walked. "We can relax until dinner. What do you guys want to do?"

"I have to go to Hogsmeade to get some supplies for this year. I didn't have time to get it during the summer." Ominis spoke, his voice is nice and deep now. He held his cloak over his arm, as he held up his wand to see.

"I have plans with Poppy and Natty. You see, Poppy came back today from America. So the three of us are gonna grab some ButterBeer and celebrate a safe return home." I smiled, gripping my books. I missed her so much, we wrote to each other so much, her talking about the amazing creatures she's seen, asking about Highwing and how much she misses us. She is very poetic in her writing, surprisingly due to her lack of people skills.

"We might join you." Sebastian looks at Ominis and they nod.

"I think that would be fun, after shopping we all have a nice ButterBeer." Ominis opened the door for us, as he talked.

"Then I'll join you guys around that time then. My aunt needs my help with some books, I did promise her and it gives me a chance to work on a potion I'm working on afterward. Good luck!" Garreth ran off, leaving us three practically alone.

"I hope Poppy and Natty don't mind us joining you all." Sebastian grabbed my books, holding them as we walked toward the fountain.

"Oh no. In fact, she asked if you all are attending, I'll just let her know that you all are coming once I arrive, If I'm early that is." Sebastian always loved holding my books, Ominis holding the door or making sure a seat at a table was ready for me. These two are so kind. Ominis dusted off a spot on the fountain as we sat, taking in the summer breeze with the warmth of the sun. Professor Fig always loved the summer, so did his wife, at least, that's what he said anyway. He always talked about the warmth Summer had, The sun hitting our skin, brightening our day a little more each day as we talked about what happened at Gringotts on that fateful day. I can't help but tear up, missing the fond memories I have of him, he was like a father to me.

"Hey Y/n. Do you have any idea of the pop quiz in Theory of Magic? I mean you were so close to Professor Fig, I assume you know about the class pretty well." Sebastian asks while looking over his notes from that class.

"Unfortunately not. Professor Fig and the New Professor, Lanstok, was it? They have very different teaching styles so the class may be a lot different than the way Fig did." His class was fun to listen to back then. The way he spoke about his theories, the history, the way he made it fun. It was legendary. The students looked up to him very well, as did I.

"Dammit. How about you Ominis, anything in that snake brain of yours?" Sebastian smirked at his own remark.

"No I don't Sebastian. Even if I did, I wouldn't tell you, especially after that remark you made." Ominis smirked back at Sebastian, making him furious.

"YOU LITTLE!!!" Sebastian grabs him and digs his fist into his head, ruining his hair. His other hand locked around Ominis's neck, keeping him in place. I couldn't help but laugh at them, their friendship is something special and I am truly grateful that I am a part of it.

"Why are you laughing huh? YOU WANT SOME!!!" Sebastian locked me in and they both tickled me, I laughed so hard, my rib cage started to hurt.

"OK OK I GIVE IN STOP!!!" I cried of laughter and they soon stopped, all three of us laughing.

"I'm just glad you're truly back Y/n, sixth year was awful for you, for all of us, to see you in that state was.." Ominis began trailing off.

"Torture. Pure Torture. Seeing you happy again is a blessing." Sebastian cut in and I smiled at them.

"Thank you all for just helping me heal. I'm grateful." Both of their smiles grew as they both stared at me.

"I am very sad this does have to come to an end, but Sebastian and I must head off to Hogsmeade before the store closes. Be safe alright, we'll see you at The Three Broomsticks, ok?" Ominis stood up, grabbing his cloak, draping it over his arm again, Sebastian grabbing his books.

"Alright, you be safe as well, both of you." I gave them both a light hug and watched them walk away, flustered at what just happened. They truly know how to make me flustered, that's for sure. I stare up at the clouds again and imagine Professor Fig if he was still here. What will he be doing right now? Studying Ancient Magic to understand more of my ability maybe? Who knows, at least he's at peace with his wife.