004-the nightmares return

CARLA WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF A CARS ENGINE.

Her body snapped up as if she'd just been startled, hands holding her upper body up.  A slimy substance covered her fingers and palms, a chill getting sent right through her body at the feeling, causing her to cringe in response.

Her eyes searched her surroundings, trying to figure out where the hell she was.  But, it wasn't too hard to figure out—Carla knew this place a little too well.  With vines surrounding her body, particles flying around the dark tinted place and slime touching her bare skin, it was clear where she was.

The Upside Down; this was a nightmare.

"Fuck," Carla whispered, putting her head in her hands, knowing exactly what this meant.  She'd gone through this same situation twice and knew the drill by now.  Her nightmares only came back when things were about to happen, things related to the Upside Down—first when Will got taken, the other when he was possessed by the Mind Flayer—and there was only one reason she could be back here.  Something bad was about to happen; something very bad.....

A foot stomped on to the gravel ground, and Carla's head snapped in the direction the sound came from.  Stepping out of his car was Billy Hargrove—which had a cracked windshield, an odd appearance for a car he worshipped so much—and in his arms was a girl who limply laid there, un-moving.

Around her wrists was a blue and white rope, which bound them together.  The rope traveled down to her ankles as well, tying them together too.  If she tried, she'd be unable to move—but Carla supposed that was intended.

What was happening?

While she would rather have stayed quiet, Carla decided to speak up.  She had no clue what Billy was about to do with this girl, but based on his history with women and her gut feeling, the Wheeler didn't trust him at all, "Billy?"

The boy stayed silent, slowly making his way to the building in front of him.  So, the girl tried again, "Billy? What are you doing with her? Why is she tied up?"  When he didn't answer again, she finally stood up, and walked over to him, tired of being ignored.  But, when she went to put a hand on his shoulder, she couldn't.

As if he was made of thin air, her hand went right through his shoulder.  

Carla's eyes narrowed, and she made another attempt, her hand going right through him, just as it had.  Her hand lingering over his arm, she came to the conclusion that she was unaware of making her appearance known.  He couldn't hear her or feel her, and she assumed he couldn't see her either, as he would have commented by now.

But, as her hand lingered over his skin, Billy stopped walking and his gaze landed on her, eyes cold—colder than they normally were.  The blue almost burned into her soul, and she felt as if he could see her.  She could almost feel his gaze seeping into her, noticing that she was indeed watching the scene unfold.

Yet, as soon as his eyes landed on her, they left, as if he was ignoring her figure.  He continued walking into the building ahead, which read "Brimborn Steel Works".  The Wheeler had never heard of the place, but silently followed the blonde boy and unconscious girl inside, curious on what he was about to do.

At least if something bad happened, she'd be able to tell someone the moment she awoke.....then again, this was just a dream.  Maybe none of it was real and was just a fucked up image her mind was making up.  She wouldn't be surprised if it was.