The cheesy romantic letters you leave for me

How you manage to write like a teenager and still make it sound amazing is beyond my knowledge (it's not very large to begin with so there's that). Regardless, I always smile and roll my eyes fondly when I come cross one.

They're always a pretty off-white and the name is written with an elegant and delicate Boo Bear in the center. Little hearts and flowers to decorate the excess paper space makes it prettier too. Once you flip it over, there's a little heart that seals the envelope.

Inside, written in neat handwriting is either a love poem or a simple I Love You using more than a hundred words. Sometimes they get mailed to me because we are not together. Usually, I'm on tour but with the occasional time you are, and you just miss me.

I become a middle schooler again when I see one that's left at the door. Carefully opening it (because I obviously save every envelope. And letter of course. Basically anything you've ever made.) and smiling a huge grin once I see your recognizable letters.

It's usually cheesy and full of doodled hearts. I run my fingertips over them. Hoping I can feel a little bit of you through the ink. I'll read them over and over and over until I've memorized everything you've written down. And i keep them with the rest of them. Tucked away so I can read them all again.

And here I am, making cheesy love letters about everything I love about you.