Chapter 9: Aftermath

(A new chapter holy shit- I'm an SRNA now btw-)

An empty shell casing fell to the ground as Phoenix looked onwards, letting out a slightly irritated and exhausted exhale. Von Karma slowly opened his eyes to realize that the attorney had only shot him in the arm. He knew this couldn't have been a mistake. The man had been standing right over him. He didn't know why his life had been spared. He was sure he was going to meet his end that evening. But instead, he was shot non-fatally yet again.
"I don't think there are enough words to describe how badly I want to kill you and end your miserable life. Nothing good has ever come from you." Phoenix snarled, heart rate still highly elevated, adrenaline rushing through his body. "I've seen dozens of murder cases. I've no doubt I'd likely get away with it. But it's not worth risking. It's not worth risking my life with Miles. So here's what's gonna happen." Phoenix took a few steps back, panting softly.
"You are going to get your things, sell your home, leave, and NEVER come back here..." The defense attorney grabbed the pictures and some wine in his husband's office, watching Von karma with narrowed eyes all the while. He sighed and pulled a wine glass from atop the shelf, walking to the sink to meticulously rinse it and poor himself a half full glass. Phoenix propped his back up against Miles's desk, one hand grasping the edge and the other holding the glass. He took a sip, looked at the man yet again and sat it down. "I'll never understand you..." Phoenix muttered. "He cared so much about you... He admired you... You took him in when he became an orphan. You mentored him in law even, and then you lie to him and everyone else for YEARS... You let a little boy think he shot his own father because you were too much of a coward to admit you freaked and shot him!" He snarled at the man, trembling slightly in his hands.
Von Karma glanced downward at his feet, clutching his bloody arm. He had a disappointed, sorrowful look on his face. "I didn't mean to shot him... I didn't want anyone knowing I shot him..."
"Yet you were okay with letting a child and everyone else know that HE allegedly shot him trying to break up a fight between you two."
Wincing, Von Karma folded his arms atop his knees and sunk his head into them.
"There is no excuse for what I've done..." The man slowly used one arm to prop himself up against the couch, finally standing once again. "But... I will leave. I won't come back... I'll leave you and Miles be... You're right, I've caused too much pain and suffering..."
Phoenix felt something in his chest? Sympathy? For Von Karma? He felt sick to his stomach even thinking about having sympathy for someone so despicable. But he had a big heart. And he couldn't help how he felt in that moment; seeing what looked like genuine remorse on Von Karma's face. He grumbled slightly at himself.
"I know this will never be enough, but... I'm sorry... For everything, Wright..."
Phoenix sighed heavily, looking to the side, breaking his eye contact with the man. The attorney walked swiftly to one of the drawers and pulled out saline spray, gauze, tape, and scissors. He walked over to the couch and placed the items down. Von Karma wanted to smile, but also didn't want to have his neck broken by the already irate man. He pulled his arm out of his sleeve slowly, wincing in pain.
Phoenix began by applying the saline spray. "This will clean it out and help prevent infection." The man watched the attorney carefully. He reached down and grabbed the gauze. He carefully grabbed the man's arm and wrapped it well and somewhat tight to control the bleeding and help the wound clot. He cut the gauze with scissors before placing a few pieces of tape across where the ends of the fabric met.
"There." Phoenix said in a flat affect. "Now, you should probably go to the hospital and see if it needs to be removed or can stay in your body. You know, like the other one." Von Karma looked down awkwardly at the comment. "Just tell 'em you were messing around with a gun and got hurt or something."
Von Karma sighed heavily
"Thank you, Phoenix... For sparing my life. And for looking after him."
Phoenix's eyes widened a bit, his mouth very slightly open.
"I wish you both well..." And with that, the once renowned prosecutor grabbed his things, and slowly left the prosecutor's office.

After a few minutes had passed, Phoenix decided to clean up the mess. He was rather wise. He knew bleach has a very heavy smell and besides, there wasn't an enormous pool of blood, just a decent amount. He opted to use hydrogen peroxide instead. After all, when cleaned up with peroxide, blood won't show up using the Luminol and black light test. Once he's gotten everything cleaned up, he decided to give his husband a call.

-ring ring-
Miles picked up
"Darling? Is everything okay?"
Phoenix smiled as he replied. "Yeah babe. Actually, just talked things over with Von Karma"
He paused for a moment
"...Oh?"
"Yeah. He's leaving. He said he's actually moving pretty far away and won't be back here."
Phoenix smiled more as he heard his husband's sigh of relief through the phone.
"Thank you Phoenix..."
"I love you Miles"
"I love you too." Miles smiled sweetly thinking about his husband. "When will you be home?"
"Very soon" Phoenix said as he exited the office and locked it behind him. He then made his way outside and into his car. He had cleaned his revolver and placed it carefully back in his gun box, making it appear almost as if it had never been fired before. It wasn't a long drive back to their house, but it felt like forever to the attorney who'd nearly lost his sanity and longed to see and hold his partner again. Once he'd pulled into the driveway, he wasted no time getting out of the car with the pictures and wine. He knocked on the door and was greeted by his lover, who immediately kissed him. The kiss lasted awhile, neither wanting to pull away. But eventually, they did. "Phoenix I've missed you" Miles smiled widely as the man chuckled. "I've missed you too, edgy" the man teased slightly as he ruffled the prosecutor's hair. "Let's go in" Miles said smiling. Phoenix followed in behind him as they made their way to the bedroom. Phoenix sat down his things and let out an exasperated yawn, slowly beginning to remove his work clothes. Miles smiled softly. "You look like you've had a long day... Why don't we rest?" Phoenix smiled back "yeah, I'd like that..." The attorney removed his button up shirt, replacing it with a cozy Steel Samurai sleep shirt. He the put on the matching pajama pants. Miles couldn't help but to crack an even wider smile. "My goodness you look adorable." Phoenix grumbled and huffed, causing Miles to just chuckle slyly. Miles too put on some more comfortable clothes, of course donning red samurai images. The two men slowly got in each side of the bed and nestled into the covers. Phoenix yawned softly yet again, and his lover smiled. "Aww... Come here my love." Miles pulled his husband really closely, in turn causing him to nuzzle his head into the man's chest. Phoenix smiled. This is where he wanted to be. This is the life he wanted with Miles. Just enjoying the simple moments, with no one to bother either of them, as the slept into the night.

(Hiiiii I rlly hope y'all liked this one. I wrote it at around 3 am. I'm really glad you guys are enjoying this series so much. I hope I can write more for all of you soon. Thanks for sticking with me as fans and as an author. I'm thinking about making a remake of my own version of Max and Ruby Creepypasta 0004! Lemme know if you'd like to read that :3 I'm a very busy person nowadays, but I love it and I hope I can write more. See ya! x3)