Chapter 1

Author's P.O.V:

Another day at the office finally complete. Phoenix was very tired, and honestly just ready to call it a day. Contrary to popular belief, lawyers do not have court every single day. Maybe just a few times a week. Unfortunately, today was one of those days that Phoenix had to head to court. The trial wasn't much to make a fuss about, though. A client of his had just been accused of robbing a local convenience store of a few, cheap items. Although it wouldn't seem to be anything to make much of a big deal out of, nothing could ever be boring in a courtroom where Phoenix's faithful husband, Miles was prosecuting. They had only been wed for a short while, yet it was the happiest time in Phoenix's life. Whenever the two would banter back and fourth in court, the judge would often have to sway them both back on track, causing them to feel a tad embarrassed. But at the end of the day, none of that mattered all that much to them. All that really mattered to them was each other.

Phoenix got in his car and drove home. After what seemed like forever, he'd gotten a license and a car. When he'd finally arrived home, he'd opened the door to see the welcoming gaze of his lover.

"Home already?" The prosecutor said as joy rang throughout his voice. It came out far more ecstatic than he would've liked it to. Nonetheless, he overcame his embarrassment and greeted Phoenix with a loving hug and a kiss. Phoenix chuckled a bit as his face flushed slightly. "Well, duh. Did you think I was gonna stay there any longer than I had to?"
"Well, I know you wouldn't want to, but your work is important, dear." Miles said, his tone came across as slightly concerned. "Nothing's as important as my sexy husband." Phoenix teased as he playfully kissed Mile's neck, erupting laughter from the taller male. "Wright, please-" "Babe" Phoenix interrupted, frowning slightly "We're married now. Are you ever gonna stop calling me "Wright"? It's Phoenix, you know that." Miles pursed his lips a bit and paused. Giving in, he sighed. "I know... I'm just- I'm so use to having to be formal. Especially at work." Phoenix smirked slight and gently placed a hand on Mile's cheek. "Well, we're at home alone. So just relax, okay?" He leaned in and kissed Miles passionately, causing him to blush and smile in response. "Alright, alright, fine, I get it. No more formalities. At least, not at home." "What you mean to say is, " no more formalities with you anywhere, babe." " Phoenix said with a grin and before walking in the kitchen, pausing to smack Mile's butt playfully after finishing his sentence. He squealed in response, somewhat chasing after him. "Wright-!" Before Miles could finish his sentence, he was interrupted by a slight, disapproving glare coming from his husband. "Er, I mean- Phoenix." He said calmly, approaching Phoenix from the kitchen entrance. "Please do refrain from smacking my butt." Miles said whilst folding his arms. There was a short pause, but after processing the sentence, Phoenix cracked a smiled and began laughing loudly. "This is serious!" Miles said, trying not to smile, but he couldn't help it. He chuckled along with his husband who was dying of laughter. After the two calmed down, Phoenix smiled loving and grabbed Miles by the hand, wrapping an arm around his waist and pulling him close. Miles got lost in his eyes before being pulled in to a deep kiss. Phoenix pulled away slowly before giggling slightly. "What is it?" "It's just- It's your face when I kiss you. You turn blood red." Phoenix replied with a grin. "Hmph! It's called being shy and reserved. You wouldn't know much about that." "And why wouldn't I?" Miles changed his tone, trying to sound kinder as he began to reply to the question. "Well, it's just... I'm jealous, quite honestly. You're so extrovert and energetic, you're not shy and you can express your emotions so easily... I've never been any good at that." Phoenix frowned before holding his husband even tighter and closer. "Miles." His tone grew to be serious. "Please don't put yourself down. You've gotten so much better at expressing your emotions towards me. I'm so proud of you, babe. No one else recognizes just how hard you try to improve yourself and just how much work you put in to becoming a better person. But I do. All of your work and improvements don't go unnoticed by me, and they never will." He kissed Miles yet again.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Wright..."

(A/N: HHHHHH, I'll update soon, I promise.)