𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒

"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓

"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓."

𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊unedited

𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊
unedited. first person view, Name.

𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌
none

𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 none

A stroll. That's all I wanted and goodness knows Regis would give it to me if he had been here, but that was not the case. For Regis in question was back in a mission for the emperor who had asked for him once again.

The physician seemingly had been threatened to keep me safe and sound by the duke in question before he left I assume. Thus I was not allowed to do anything that would strain myself unless it was for exercise which incidently was the case yet I was still not allowed to leave for it. I had begged as much as I possibly could but my efforts ended in vain as the physician could not be convinced.

Now I sit here by the window seat admiring the garden from a safe distance. The maids assume I am sulking but in truth I don't mind this alternative plan, it seemed sound and at least no one would get hurt if the duke found out. Plus they'd bring me out for my morning walk the next day anyway.

But, the maids did not seem to think this the way I did and immediately started giving me things to do, leaving me to list through these suggestions with a puzzled mind. Eventually I asked to be fetched a book, although originally I asked to get the book myself but they, for some reason, declined this request once again much to my frustrations.

Now I read a book about politics. Yes, it wasn't exactly the best book but one of the few Regis had asked me to read by his words. I obligated into reading it, it was informative but as expected rather boring for my taste. This didn't stop me from taking notes though.

"Lady Last-Name." A maid appeared out of nowhere and nearly caused me a heart attack. It seemed I had been to indulged in the book that I had not realized her come in.

"Yes, what is it?" I ask as I give her an apologetic smile for the ignorance I just mustered onto her on accident.

"Lord Regis is here." My heart skipped a beat. Now? He said he'd take a while before coming home didn't he?

"I see, does he wish to see me?" The maid gives a nod. I let her go and talk to Regis about my recent status and things as the such.

There is the sound of the slow shower of rain outside, I gaze through the window. How did it get so dim and cloudy all of a sudden? Just moments ago there was the sun right there where it now made up clouds.

Just as I get preoccupied with the sight of rain, the door opens behind me. I hear the scraping sound it makes upon opening it and turn to see Regis standing there.

He was holding a glass bottle, the concoction inside was unfamiliar to me even if in my last life I was a nurse. He moves towards me and settled right next to me, the first motion towards me was a simple kiss on the forehead.

But it was one that made rolled shivers down my weak body. He was good at that. Making me so tongue-tied and making my cheeks redder than normal.

"Here." He hands me the bottle, he had to pry the cork out of the bottle's slim mouth as he opened it. Upon touching, it felt so cold. What was in this?

"You should drink it, dear." Regis seems to have read her thoughts, it nearly gave me a start. I nod in reply as I tip the bottle into my mouth, the liquid finally reaching my tongue.

It was slimy and cold. It also tasted horrible. It took all of me not to just vomit out the liquid. After all, Regis probably worked hard to accomplish the mere production of this concoction.

But nothing can hide the disgusting taste of the liquid in my mouth. I put down the bottle that was now half empty and grab the tea the maids had made me earlier. I drink plenty of it until there was not a single drop left.

I put the cup back down and sit there stunned. Regis sat next to me, unmoving and waiting for a response from me. When I said nothing he takes the bottle and puts the cork back in, sealing it.

He looks at me thoughtfully, lifting my chin as his blue eyes stare into mine. "Dearest, how do you feel?" He asks.

"Alright." I reply to make sure he does not worry. It makes him smile as he kissed my cheek.

"I'm glad. I shall be off now." He whispered, leaving.