𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒

A surprise.

The lady was recovering! Whatever the duke had given her surely worked and for the better. Having opted for that made her heal better than whatever the physicians have been giving her.

Sure, it was weird that suddenly the duke had formulated a kind of elixir that helped with her sickness, but it was working nonetheless and that was all that matters. At least, for the servants.

Name couldn't help but recall the words he had told her that night. She can't sleep without hearing it again and again. On a neverending loop in her head, she is forced to be reminded at the story she had just changed.

"I love you." The duke had whispered to her with an endearing tone. It made her shiver. Both with delight and fear. To think that she had only been trying to survive in this world and not die, this was a whole new phase of fucked up on her part.

If he truly loves her, which he did, she has rewritten the story to tbe point that he may very well not even fall for Amelia at this rate. But that was just a thought that she threw away without another word about it. There's no way she changed the story that much. Throughout the months all she's done is be sick and stay in bed.

There's absolutely no doubt that Regis would get tired of this eventually and move on to Amelia. At least, that's what she had hoped to be the fruit of this undeniably troublesome situation she finds herself in.

♡♡♡

A drowsy Name walks out of her room, stumbling into the arms of an amused Regis. "Are you alright, little love?" He croons as his fingers brush the strands of (h/c) hair that covers her pretty eyes.

His blue eyes met hers and inside she screams. He was so damn fine. She can't help but flush at the oversight. This gained a chuckle from the male as he helped her back up. Patting her head, he leads her out the door.

Today they will be going to the market since she's slowly getting better and she had pleaded to him to allow her to go to town. He had relented only if he joined and she had agreed.

The two walked through the bustling crowds that were all eager and excited throughout the market. The vendors shout the items they sold and she looks on with a look of curiosity.

A dress shop caught her attention, though this one sold wedding dresses for noble brides. She remembers to take a mental note of the name in case she may need it. Though she didn't plan on getting married in this world like she hadn't planned in her last.

But when Regis noticed her admiring glance at the dress in front of the display window, he leans close and whispers. "Does the dress interest you?" He asks, causing her to yelp in surprise and jump back.

"Don't do that!" She flushes and he lets out a laugh. "Apologies, love." He sincerely apologizes for his surprising actions and wraps an arm around her shoulders. "On serious matters, do you find it interesting?" He is genuinely curious so she nods.

"It's very pretty." She says in a soft voice. "I like it very much." It brings a smile to Regis' lips.

"Then I'll be sure to remember that." She is perplexed on what he meant but he covers his words up by pointing at another shop that had lovely souvenirs. The girl having a short attention span sure did profit out of Regis since she was now running to see what the shop had to offer.

Regis can't help but feel at ease now that needs knows that this woman was going to be okay. Needless to say, he also felt as though he was falling for the female in a way.

It is a strange feeling, love. It makes him want her more than he even wants the reputation he had once been working so hard to put up.

No smiles, no affectionate side. That was his world. And then she came and changed everything.

She will be mine.